It will be a meeting between two tremendous defenses when the Campbell Fighting Camels (13-13, 4-10 BigSou) go head-to-head against the Radford Highlanders (16-9, 11-2 BigSou) at John W. Pope Jr. Convocation Center. The game is scheduled to start at 4:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
Radford Highlanders at Campbell Fighting Camels ATS Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Fighting Camels had no trouble getting past the Hampton Pirates 75-49, while the Highlanders were victorious over the Presbyterian Blue Hose 81-71.
Radford dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3 (above their season average of 30.0) and a turnover percentage of 11.2 (better than their season average of 14.4). Presbyterian was 11.1 and 14.8, respectively, for those same stats. Meanwhile, Campbell’s 0.589 effective field goal percentage was their biggest advantage over Hampton, who had a rate of 0.325. The Fighting Camels’ mark was above their season average of 0.527, while the Pirates’ was below their season average of 0.512. Campbell was lifted by Cory Gensler, who recorded 17 points and eight rebounds. Devine Eke, meanwhile played well for Radford, recording 10 points and 10 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Carlik Jones led the Highlanders to a 68-63 win. He was the game’s leading scorer with 22 points. Getting to the charity stripe was one of Radford’s largest strengths. They made 26 trips to the line, while Campbell went 18 times.
Half-court execution will be at a premium when two of the country’s slowest-paced teams clash. Campbell ranks 289th in possessions per game (66.9) and Radford is 338th (64.8). Additionally, the Highlanders commit the 31st-fewest errors in the NCAA (turnover percentage of 16.5 percent), while the gambling defense of the Fighting Camels causes the 52nd-most (opponents’ turnover percentage of 22.0 percent).
Radford Highlanders at Campbell Fighting Camels ATS Pick
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Radford, ATS Winner – Radford, O/U – Over
- Campbell ranks 27th in three pointers allowed per game (18.3) while Radford ranks 260th (24.9).
- The Fighting Camels rank 44th in assists per game (14.9) while the Highlanders rank 128th (13.3).
- Campbell allows the sixth-fewest blocks per game (2.0) while Radford ranks 58th (2.8).
- The Highlanders rank 124th in rebounds per game (36.0) while the Fighting Camels rank 280th (30.6).
- Radford ranks fourth in steals allowed per game (4.2) while Campbell ranks 115th (6.4).
- The Fighting Camels’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.2, up from 2.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Highlanders have scored an average of 77.4 points per game (8.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 69.4 points per game (6.0 above their season average).