MAAC foes will clash when the Saint Peter’s Peacocks (7-7, 1-2 MAAC) square off with the Quinnipiac Bobcats (5-10, 2-1 MAAC) at Yanitelli Center. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 134 points with Saint Peter’s opening as an 8-point favorite. Action gets underway at 2 p.m. ET on Sunday, January 7, 2018.
Quinnipiac Bobcats at Saint Peter’s Peacocks Betting Preview
In the Bobcats’ last outing, they were beaten by the Canisius Golden Griffins, 82-74. With 23 points on 3-for-13 shooting, Cameron Young was the top scorer from either team. Canisius had a turnover percentage of 7.3 (better than their season average of 19.7). Quinnipiac, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 45.0 (above their season average of 27.1).
The Peacocks are hoping for a better outcome after their 73-69 loss to the Iona Gaels in their last game. Samuel Idowu was the top scorer from either team with 20 points on 5-for-8 shooting. Iona forced the Peacocks into a turnover percentage of 26.5 (above their season average of 16.0). Saint Peter’s, meanwhile, held the Gaels to an offensive rebounding percentage of 15.2 (below their season average of 26.3).
Half-court execution will be at a premium when a pair of the nation’s slowest-paced teams go head-to-head. Saint Peter’s ranks 326th in possessions per game (66.5) and Quinnipiac is 283rd (68.0). Moreover, the Bobcats, who rank 29th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.298), will square off against the Peacocks, who rank 328th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.316).
Of Quinnipiac’s 11 games with betting action, six have finished under the projected point total, while 5 of Saint Peter’s 9 games have finished over the O/U total. The Peacocks hold the significant advantage straight up (SU) (7-7 vs. 5-10), but the Bobcats have been better against the spread (ATS) (6-4-1 vs. 4-5).
Young has really been playing well over the last five games for Quinnipiac, averaging 23.0 points, 6.8 rebounds and 1.4 steals per game.
This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year, after the Peacocks won both matchups last season. In the last matchup, Saint Peter’s won 76-45. The Peacocks dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a turnover percentage of 11.2 and a solid effective field goal percentage of 0.592. The Bobcats were 21.4 and 0.323, respectively, for those same stats.
Quinnipiac Bobcats at Saint Peter’s Peacocks Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Saint Peter’s, ATS Winner – Saint Peter’s, O/U – Over
- The Bobcats rank 212th in rebounds per game (33.7) while the Peacocks rank 235th (33.0).
- On the road, Quinnipiac is 4-2 ATS with 4 unders and 2 overs.
- Saint Peter’s is 1-0 ATS at home with 1 over and 0 unders.
- Quinnipiac averages 27.1 three pointers per game, which ranks 25th in the nation. Saint Peter’s ranks 147th in three pointers allowed per game (22.4).
- The Peacocks rank 47th in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while the Bobcats rank 97th (3.5).
- Saint Peter’s ranks 45th in steals allowed per game (5.4) while Quinnipiac ranks 92nd (6.3).
- Saint Peter’s is 2-1 ATS with 2 overs and 1 under in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Quinnipiac is 3-1 ATS with 2 overs and 2 unders.
- The Peacocks have outscored opponents by an average of 3.6 points in their last five games. For the season, Saint Peter’s has been defeated by an average of 0.5 points.
- During their last five games, the Bobcats have scored an average of 73.4 points per game (1.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 76.0 points per game (0.6 below their season average).