The Colorado Buffaloes (2-0) and the Quinnipiac Bobcats (1-1) face off in the U.S. Virgin Islands Paradise Jam at Vines Center. The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 150 points with Colorado opening as a 17-point favorite. Action gets underway at 6 p.m. ET on Friday, November 17, 2017.
Quinnipiac Bobcats vs. Colorado Buffaloes Betting Preview
The Bobcats lost to the Brown Bears in their last outing, 79-72. Quinnipiacs Chaise Daniels had a good game, leading the team in scoring with 18 points on 7-for-10 shooting. Brown had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (42.5 vs. 26.3). Quinnipiac, on the other hand, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.546 vs. 0.492).
The last time the Buffaloes played, they thoroughly outplayed the Denver Pioneers, 89-62. Colorados McKinley Wright IV led the way, recording 12 points. Colorado dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 36.7 and a free throw rate of 0.274. Denver recorded marks of 10.3 and 0.140, respectively, for those same stats.
The prolific offense of Colorado will face off against the mid-tier defense of Quinnipiac. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, the Buffaloes rank 86th in offensive efficiency, while the Bobcats are 331st in defensive efficiency. The Buffaloes should have the edge on that end of the court.
Since last season, the Bobcats have had records of 11-22 straight up (SU) and 12-14-3 against the spread (ATS). Quinnipiac games have had a tendency to go over the O/U total since last season (65.5 percent).
The Buffaloes have had a solid 21-14 SU record since last season, but are just 14-21 ATS. A little over half of Colorados games have finished under the O/U total over that same time frame.
Quinnipiac Bobcats vs. Colorado Buffaloes Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Colorado, ATS Winner – Colorado, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bobcats rank 104th in three pointers allowed per game (20.2) while the Buffaloes rank 228th (22.5).
- Quinnipiac averages 3.8 blocks per game, which ranks 95th in the nation. Colorado ranks 191st in blocks allowed per game (3.8).
- Colorado averages 37.9 rebounds per game, which ranks 67th in the NCAA. Quinnipiac ranks 274th in rebounds allowed per game (38.0).
- The Buffaloes rank 85th in assists allowed per game (12.2) while the Bobcats rank 292nd (16.0).
- Colorado ranks 76th in steals allowed per game (5.7) while Quinnipiac ranks 263rd (7.7).