The Hartford Hawks (2-5), who are currently on a five-game losing streak, look to get back in the win column when they welcome the Quinnipiac Bobcats (3-6) to Chase Family Arena. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, December 7, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Quinnipiac Bobcats at Hartford Hawks Odds Preview
In the Bobcats last contest, they won a close one over the Columbia Lions, 89-87. Rich Kelly was the top scorer from either team with 22 points on 8-for-13 shooting. Quinnipiac played a nearly perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.127 (matching their season average) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 31.3 (above their season average of 26.6). Columbia recorded marks of 0.062 and 15.6, respectively, for those same stats.
The Hawks are hoping for a better outcome after their 73-61 loss to the Boston College Eagles in their last game. With 13 points and eight assists, Hartford’s J.R. Lynch had a solid performance. Boston College did a great job of converting from the charity stripe (12-13; 92.3 percent). Hartford, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (17.8 vs. 18.4).
It will be a battle of conflicting paces as the fast-paced Bobcats will look to push the more grind-it-out Hawks. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, the Bobcats rank 46th in possessions per game while the Hawks are 171st.
The Bobcats won the lone game against the Hawks last season, 99-79. Quinnipiac out-rebounded Hartford. The Bobcats had more offensive rebounds (18 vs. nine), defensive rebounds (28 vs. 15) and total rebounds (46 vs. 24).
Quinnipiac Bobcats vs. Hartford Hawks Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Hartford, ATS Winner – Hartford, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bobcats rank 116th in blocks per game (3.6) while the Hawks rank 185th in blocks allowed per game (3.8).
- Hartford averages 25.1 three pointers per game, which ranks 44th in the NCAA. Quinnipiac ranks 112th in three pointers allowed per game (20.5).
- Quinnipiac ranks 62nd in rebounds per game (38.2) while Hartford ranks 296th in rebounds allowed per game (39.7).
- The Hawks average 6.6 steals per game, which ranks 111th in the nation. The Bobcats rank 259th in steals allowed per game (7.5).
- Quinnipiac ranks 148th in assists per game (13.8) while Hartford ranks 273rd in assists allowed per game (15.5).