The Drexel Dragons (5-5) will be at home in John A Daskalakis Center when they challenge the Quinnipiac Bobcats (3-7). Drexel is an 11-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 142.5 points. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Monday, December 18, 2017.
Quinnipiac Bobcats at Drexel Dragons Free Preview
The Bobcats lost a close one to the Hartford Hawks in their last matchup, 77-75. With 27 points on 8-for-15 shooting, Cameron Young was the games leading scorer. Hartford had a turnover percentage of 10.4 (better than their season average of 16.7). Quinnipiac, on the other hand, had a free throw rate of 0.364 (above their season average of 0.285).
In the Dragons last game, they were topped by the Temple Owls, 63-60. With 15 points and 10 rebounds, Drexel’s Austin Williams played well. Temple did a fantastic job of converting from the charity stripe (11-13; 84.6 percent). Drexel, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 35.9 (above their season average of 28.2).
The physical Drexel offense seems poised to dominate from the charity stripe. The Dragons rank 51st in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.290, while Quinnipiac ranks 266th in FTA rate allowed (0.231).
In terms of the O/U total, these teams are complete opposites. Quinnipiac games have gone under 57.1 percent of the time, while games involving Drexel have finished over 57.1 percent of the time. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Dragons have a clear advantage. They are 5-5 SU and 4-2-1 ATS, while the Bobcats are 3-7 SU and 3-3-1 ATS.
Williams has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Drexel, averaging 11.2 points, 9.4 rebounds and 3.2 blocks per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Dragons won the only game last season, 91-74. The Dragons dominated every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.221 and a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 41.5. For those same stats, the Bobcats were 0.143 and 30.6, respectively.
Quinnipiac Bobcats at Drexel Dragons Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Drexel, ATS Winner – Quinnipiac, O/U – Over
- The Bobcats rank 87th in three pointers attempted per game (27.3) while the Dragons rank 149th in three pointers allowed per game (22.3).
- Quinnipiac is 2-2 ATS on the road with 2 overs and 2 unders.
- At home, Drexel is 1-1 ATS with 1 over and 1 under.
- Drexel ranks 71st in rebounds per game (38.2) while Quinnipiac ranks 205th in rebounds allowed per game (36.0).
- The Bobcats rank 137th in assists per game (11.4) while the Dragons rank 227th (11.2).
- Drexel ranks 32nd in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while Quinnipiac ranks 99th (3.5).
- Drexel is 3-0 ATS with 2 overs and 1 under in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Quinnipiac is 2-0 ATS with 1 over and 1 under.
- The Dragons average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 0.4, down from 1.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bobcats have scored an average of 72.4 points per game (1.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 77.4 points per game (0.5 above their season average).