The Quinnipiac Bobcats (6-6, 1-0 MAAC) will be at Alumni Gymnasium to meet the Rider Broncs (6-7, 1-0 MAAC) in a MAAC matchup. The game gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 5, 2019.
Quinnipiac Bobcats vs. Rider Broncs Betting Odds
Both teams lost in their last matchup. The Broncs lost to the UCF Knights, 84-70, while the Bobcats lost big to the ninth-ranked Villanova Wildcats, 86-53.
Quinnipiac had a better free throw rate (0.179 vs. 0.147) while Rider had a better offensive rebounding percentage (31.4 vs. 27.9). Dimencio Vaughn fueled Rider with 14 points and five rebounds. Meanwhile, Cameron Young had a good outing for Quinnipiac, finishing with 18 points.
The Broncs dominated this series last year, taking both contests. In the most recent matchup, Rider won 74-59. The Broncs’ 27.6 offensive rebounding percentage was their largest advantage over the Bobcats, who had a rate of 21.2. This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
Vaughn has been playing at a high level recently for Rider, averaging 0 points over the last five games.
Contrasting tempos will be on display in this showdown. Rider likes to play fast (52nd in possessions per game), while Quinnipiac is more half-court-oriented (300th in possessions per game).
Quinnipiac Bobcats vs. Rider Broncs ATS Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Rider, ATS Winner – Rider, O/U – Over
- Quinnipiac averages 28.3 three pointers per game, which ranks 19th in the nation. Rider ranks 234th in three pointers allowed per game (26.6).
- The Broncs rank 147th in rebounds per game (35.8) while the Bobcats rank 176th in rebounds allowed per game (36.3).
- The Bobcats rank 70th in assists allowed per game (11.9) while the Broncs rank 227th (17.2).
- Rider ranks 10th in steals per game (9.5) while Quinnipiac ranks 124th (6.2).
- During their last five games, the Bobcats have scored an average of 59.2 points per game (8.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 67.2 points per game (2.2 below their season average).
- The Broncs have scored an equal number of points as their opponents. On the season, Rider has lost by an average of 0.5 points.