The North Dakota State Bison (18-7, 9-2 Summit) welcome the Purdue Fort Wayne Mastodons (12-14, 5-6 Summit) to Scheels Center. The Bison will attempt to prolong their five-game winning streak. The game is scheduled to start at 8 p.m. ET on Friday, February 14, 2020.
Purdue Fort Wayne Mastodons at North Dakota State Bison ATS Odds
Both teams defeated their last opponent. The Bison defeated the Oral Roberts Golden Eagles 83-76, while the Mastodons beat the Denver Pioneers 70-63.
The Mastodons forced 17 turnovers and had a free throw rate of 0.255 (above their season average of 0.164). Meanwhile, North Dakota State’s 0.608 effective field goal percentage was their biggest strength over Oral Roberts, who had a mark of 0.473. The Bison’s mark was above their season average of 0.528. Vinnie Shahid played a key role for North Dakota State with 31 points. Meanwhile, Purdue Fort Wayne was lifted by Deonte Billups, who put up 15 points and 11 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Shahid led the Bison to a 71-60 victory. He scored a game-high 22 points. North Dakota State’s free throw rate was their biggest advantage over Purdue Fort Wayne. The Bison had a rate of 0.294, while the Mastodons posted a mark of 0.098.
North Dakota State could dominate on the offensive side of the ball as their upper-echelon offense faces off against one of the worst defenses in the country. The Bison currently rank 50th in effective field goal percentage (0.531), while Purdue Fort Wayne ranks 323rd in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.528).
Purdue Fort Wayne Mastodons at North Dakota State Bison Betting Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – North Dakota State, ATS Winner – North Dakota State, O/U – Under
- North Dakota State ranks 21st in three pointers allowed per game (17.8) while Purdue Fort Wayne ranks 221st (23.7).
- The Bison rank 31st in rebounds allowed per game (31.4) while the Mastodons rank 68th (32.9).
- North Dakota State ranks 45th in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while Purdue Fort Wayne ranks 63rd (2.9).
- The Bison rank sixth in assists allowed per game (9.3) while the Mastodons rank 197th (14.2).
- Purdue Fort Wayne ranks 79th in steals per game (7.2) while North Dakota State ranks 236th (4.8).
- The Mastodons have outscored opponents by an average of 0.4 points in their last five games. For the season, Purdue Fort Wayne has been defeated by an average of 0.9 points.
- During their last five games, the Bison have scored an average of 78.4 points per game (4.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 66.6 points per game (1.0 above their season average).