The Purdue Fort Wayne Mastodons (6-5) will travel to Credit Union 1 Arena to meet the UIC Flames (3-6). The game begins at 4:12 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 7, 2019.
Purdue Fort Wayne Mastodons vs. UIC Flames Betting Odds
Both teams defeated their last opponent. The Flames defeated the San Diego Toreros 89-83, while the Mastodons beat the Eastern Illinois Panthers 74-69.
Purdue Fort Wayne dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.236 (above their season average of 0.170) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 40.0 (above their season average of 26.4). For those same stats, Eastern Illinois was 0.092 and 34.3, respectively. Meanwhile, UIC’s 0.404 free throw rate was their largest strength over San Diego, who had a rate of 0.294. The Flames’ mark was above their season average of 0.198. UIC received a boost from Tarkus Ferguson, who finished with 22 points and seven rebounds. Jarred Godfrey, meanwhile was a key piece for Purdue Fort Wayne with 20 points and five rebounds.
UIC could have trouble getting to the foul line in this meeting. The Flames rank 200th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.197, while Purdue Fort Wayne ranks 35th in FTA rate allowed (0.178) since the 2018-19 season. Also, the Mastodons rank 43rd in offensive efficiency (110.9), while the Flames rank 317th in defensive efficiency (105.1).
Purdue Fort Wayne Mastodons vs. UIC Flames Odds Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Purdue Fort Wayne, ATS Winner – Purdue Fort Wayne, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Purdue Fort Wayne ranks 37th in assists per game (15.4) while UIC ranks 294th in assists allowed per game (14.0).
- The Mastodons rank 46th in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while the Flames rank 106th (3.0).
- Purdue Fort Wayne averages 7.4 steals per game, which ranks 68th in the country. UIC ranks 108th in steals allowed per game (6.4).
- The Flames average 26.4 three pointers per game, which ranks 58th in the nation. The Mastodons rank 258th in three pointers allowed per game (24.3).
- Purdue Fort Wayne ranks 173rd in rebounds allowed per game (35.2) while UIC ranks 314th (37.8).