The Oral Roberts Golden Eagles (15-13, 8-7 Summit) welcome the Purdue Fort Wayne Mastodons (13-17, 6-9 Summit) to Mabee Center as the regular season comes to a conclusion. Action gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 29, 2020.
Purdue Fort Wayne Mastodons at Oral Roberts Golden Eagles ATS Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Golden Eagles dismantled the Western Illinois Leathernecks 113-70, while the Mastodons defeated the Denver Pioneers 58-51.
Purdue Fort Wayne played a nearly flawless game. They had a solid offensive rebounding percentage of 31.7 (above their season average of 28.5) and a free throw rate of 0.214 (above their season average of 0.172). Denver had marks of 7.9 and 0.068, respectively, for those same stats. The Golden Eagles, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 8.5 (better than their season average of 12.6) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.750 (above their season average of 0.502). Oral Roberts received a boost from Deondre Burns, who put up 15 points, 10 assists and six rebounds. Deonte Billups, meanwhile fueled Purdue Fort Wayne with 21 points and nine rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Emmanuel Nzekwesi led the Golden Eagles to a 92-68 victory. He registered a double-double with 30 points and 11 rebounds. The Golden Eagles’ 10.7 turnover percentage was their biggest strength over the Mastodons, who had a mark of 17.8.
Expect this one to be a clinic on boxing out as two of the nation’s top rebounding teams face off. The Golden Eagles are among the nation’s elite on the offensive glass, ranking 48th in offensive rebounding percentage at 32.6 percent. Meanwhile, Purdue Fort Wayne ranks 33rd in the country at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 76.1 percent.
Purdue Fort Wayne Mastodons vs. Oral Roberts Golden Eagles Betting Pick
Free Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Oral Roberts, ATS Winner – Oral Roberts, O/U – Over
- Purdue Fort Wayne averages 25.8 three pointers per game, which ranks 41st in the country. Oral Roberts ranks 212th in three pointers allowed per game (23.2).
- The Golden Eagles rank 61st in rebounds per game (38.1) while the Mastodons rank 83rd in rebounds allowed per game (33.3).
- The Golden Eagles rank eighth in steals allowed per game (4.6) while the Mastodons rank 119th (6.4).
- Oral Roberts ranks 135th in assists per game (13.2) while Purdue Fort Wayne ranks 199th in assists allowed per game (13.7).
- During their last five games, the Golden Eagles have scored an average of 92.0 points per game (11.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 82.2 points per game (8.2 above their season average).
- The Mastodons’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 1.8, up from 1.3 for the season.