The Ohio State Buckeyes (1-0) open their home schedule at Value City Arena against the Purdue Fort Wayne Mastodons (1-1). Action starts at 4 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 11, 2018.
Purdue Fort Wayne Mastodons vs. Ohio State Buckeyes Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Buckeyes defeated the Cincinnati Bearcats 64-56, while the Mastodons dismantled the Earlham Quakers 112-51.
Purdue Fort Wayne played a perfect game. They had a great turnover percentage of 9.5 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 51.4. Earlham put up marks of 25.6 and 21.1, respectively, for those same stats. Meanwhile, Ohio State’s effective field goal percentage was their largest advantage over Cincinnati. The Buckeyes had a rate of 0.511, while the Bearcats posted a mark of 0.323. Kaleb Wesson played a key role for Ohio State with 15 points and seven rebounds. Jarred Godfrey, meanwhile had a good game for Purdue Fort Wayne, finishing with 23 points and six rebounds.
This meeting figures to be a shootout as two of the nation’s premier offenses go head-to-head. Since the 2017-18 season, Ohio State ranks 60th with 111.7 points per 100 possessions and Purdue Fort Wayne is 59th (111.8). Contrasting paces will be on display in this battle. The up-tempo Mastodons rank 25th in possessions per game, while the more methodical Buckeyes rank 259th.
Purdue Fort Wayne Mastodons vs. Ohio State Buckeyes Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Purdue Fort Wayne, ATS Winner – Purdue Fort Wayne, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Purdue Fort Wayne ranks 14th in three pointers attempted per game (28.2) while Ohio State ranks 236th (19.9).
- The Mastodons are seventh in the country with 2.2 blocks allowed per game while the Buckeyes are 59th with 2.8 blocks allowed per game.
- Ohio State averages 14.5 assists per game, which ranks 101st in the NCAA. Purdue Fort Wayne ranks 140th in assists allowed per game (13.1).
- The Buckeyes rank 37th in rebounds allowed per game (31.9) while the Mastodons rank 214th (35.9).
- Purdue Fort Wayne ranks 13th in steals per game (8.1) while Ohio State ranks 157th (6.0).