It will be a showdown between two tremendous defenses when the Ohio State Buckeyes (16-8, 6-7 Big 10) square off with the Purdue Boilermakers (14-11, 7-7 Big 10) at Value City Arena. Action gets underway at 12 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
Purdue Boilermakers vs. Ohio State Buckeyes Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Buckeyes defeated the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, 72-66, while the Boilermakers lost to the 13th-ranked Penn State Nittany Lions, 88-76.
Ohio State dominated nearly every facet of the contest. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.8 (below their season average of 31.3) and a free throw rate of 0.353 (above their season average of 0.260). Rutgers was 17.2 and 0.271, respectively, for those same stats. Purdue, on the other hand, held Penn State to an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.0 (below their season average of 29.7). Andre Wesson had a good outing for Ohio State, finishing with 13 points and 10 rebounds. Trevion Williams played a pivotal role for Purdue with 17 points and 10 rebounds.
The Boilermakers dominated this series last year, winning both games. In the most recent contest, Purdue won 86-51. Purdue’s effective field goal percentage was its largest advantage over Ohio State. The Boilermakers had a rate of 0.653 while the Buckeyes posted a mark of 0.354. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when a pair of the NCAA’s slowest-paced teams square off. Ohio State currently ranks 324th in possessions per game (65.8) and Purdue is 328th (65.4).
Purdue at Ohio State ATS Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Ohio State, ATS Winner – Ohio State, O/U – Under
- Ohio State ranks 26th in assists allowed per game (10.3) while Purdue ranks 150th (13.0).
- The Buckeyes average 22.8 three pointers per game, which ranks 123rd in the nation. The Boilermakers rank 161st in three pointers allowed per game (22.0).
- Ohio State is 50th in the country with 32.1 rebounds allowed per game while Purdue is 52nd with 32.2 rebounds allowed per game.
- The Boilermakers rank 106th in steals per game (6.6) while the Buckeyes rank 226th (4.7).
- Ohio State ranks 70th in blocks per game (3.7) while Purdue ranks 142nd in blocks allowed per game (3.8).
- During their last five games, the Boilermakers have scored an average of 75.6 points per game (6.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 69.2 points per game (7.4 above their season average).
- The Buckeyes’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.4, down from 9.9 for the season.