The Purdue Boilermakers (1-1) and their great offense visit Marquette to take on the Golden Eagles (1-0) and their superb defense. Action gets underway at 9 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 13, 2019.
Purdue Boilermakers at Marquette Golden Eagles ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Golden Eagles easily got past the Loyola Maryland Greyhounds, 88-53, while the Boilermakers fell to the Texas Longhorns, 70-66.
Marquette dominated nearly every facet of the contest. They had an effective field goal percentage of 0.638 and a free throw rate of 0.241. Loyola Maryland recorded marks of 0.338 and 0.138, respectively, for those same stats. Purdue, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (45.9 vs. 17.4). Marquette’s Markus Howard had a good outing, recording 38 points and five rebounds. Purdue, meanwhile, received a boost from Jahaad Proctor, who contributed 12 points.
It will be a showdown of contrasting styles as the fast-paced Golden Eagles will look to push the more methodical Boilermakers. Since the 2018-19 season, the Golden Eagles rank 96th in possessions per game while the Boilermakers are 318th. Moreover, the Boilermakers’ eighth-ranked offense (offensive efficiency of 115.7) will face off against the Golden Eagles’ 54th-ranked defense (defensive efficiency of 97.6).
Purdue at Marquette Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Purdue, ATS Winner – Purdue, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Purdue ranks 26th in steals allowed per game (5.0) while Marquette ranks 233rd (7.1).
- The Boilermakers rank 35th in rebounds allowed per game (31.8) while the Golden Eagles rank 94th (33.7).
- Purdue ranks 84th in assists per game (14.4) while Marquette ranks 99th in assists allowed per game (12.3).
- The Golden Eagles average 4.5 blocks per game, which ranks 37th in the country. The Boilermakers rank 201st in blocks allowed per game (3.7).
- Marquette ranks 88th in three pointers attempted per game (24.1) while Purdue ranks 227th in three pointers allowed per game (23.8).