A five-game home winning streak is on the line for the Marquette Golden Eagles (11-3, 1-1 Big East) when they clash against the Providence Friars (9-6, 2-0 Big East) at Fiserv Forum. The game gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, January 7, 2020.
Providence Friars at Marquette Golden Eagles ATS Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Golden Eagles defeated the 10th-ranked Villanova Wildcats 71-60, while the Friars won a close one over the DePaul Blue Demons 66-65.
The Friars, who came into the game averaging an offensive rebounding percentage of 33.4, had an absurd mark of 36.6 and held the Blue Demons to an effective field goal percentage of 0.442 (below their season average of 0.519). The Golden Eagles, on the other hand, knocked down 26 of their 30 free throws (86.7 percent) and had a turnover percentage of 13.0 (better than their season average of 17.7). Markus Howard played a key role for Marquette with 29 points and eight rebounds. Luwane Pipkins had a solid performance for Providence, recording 16 points and five rebounds.
The Golden Eagles dominated this series last year, winning both games. In the last matchup, Marquette won 76-58. The Golden Eagles’ 36.0 offensive rebounding percentage was their largest strength over the Friars, who had a rate of 23.8. This is the first time these teams will meet this year.
Marquette could have their way on the defensive side of the ball as they square off against one of the country’s worst offenses. The Golden Eagles rank 24th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.434), while Providence is 280th in effective field goal percentage (0.477).
Providence Friars at Marquette Golden Eagles Betting Pick
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Marquette, ATS Winner – Providence, O/U – Under
- Providence ranks 12th in steals per game (9.7) while Marquette ranks 174th (5.5).
- The Friars rank 17th in assists per game (17.1) while the Golden Eagles rank 80th (14.5).
- Providence ranks 128th in three pointers attempted per game (22.7) while Marquette ranks 136th in three pointers allowed per game (21.9).
- The Golden Eagles average 40.2 rebounds per game, which ranks 39th in the country. The Friars rank 188th in rebounds allowed per game (36.6).
- Marquette averages 4.9 blocks per game, which ranks 31st in the NCAA. Providence ranks 132nd in blocks allowed per game (4.1).
- The Golden Eagles’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 16.2, up from 10.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Friars have scored an average of 69.0 points per game (3.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 66.8 points per game (1.6 above their season average).