The Providence Friars (11-7, 4-1 Big East) will be at the CHI Health Center Omaha to square off against the 25th-ranked Creighton Bluejays (13-5, 2-3 Big East) in a Big East matchup. The game begins at 4:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 18, 2020.
Providence Friars at Creighton Bluejays ATS Odds
In their last contest, the Bluejays lost a winnable game to the Georgetown Hoyas, 83-80, while the Friars beat the St. John’s Red Storm, 63-58.
The Friars made 17 of their 24 free throws (70.8 percent) and held the Red Storm to an offensive rebounding percentage of 18.4 (below their season average of 33.3). Creighton, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (12.3 vs. 16.9). Marcus Zegarowski was a key piece for Creighton with 20 points and seven assists. Meanwhile, Providence was led by Alpha Diallo, who had 19 points.
The Bluejays dominated this series last year, taking both games. In the most recent matchup, Creighton won 76-70. The Bluejays’ 15.2 turnover percentage was their largest strength over the Friars, who had a mark of 20.2. This is the first time these teams will meet this year.
Based on each team’s statistical profile, ball security could play a key role in this meeting. Creighton commits the ninth-fewest miscues in the nation (turnover percentage of 15.4 percent), while the disruptive defense of Providence forces the 47th-most (opponents’ turnover percentage of 23.1 percent).
Providence Friars vs. Creighton Bluejays Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Creighton, ATS Winner – Creighton, O/U – Over
- Providence ranks 50th in rebounds per game (39.1) while Creighton ranks 198th in rebounds allowed per game (36.9).
- The Friars rank 137th in three pointers attempted per game (22.1) while the Bluejays rank 202nd in three pointers allowed per game (23.8).
- Providence blocks 3.9 opponent shots per game, which is ranked 67th in the nation. Creighton ranks 78th in blocks allowed per game (3.2).
- The Bluejays rank seventh in steals allowed per game (4.5) while the Friars rank 149th (7.1).
- Providence averages 15.9 assists per game, which ranks 30th in the NCAA. Creighton ranks 114th in assists allowed per game (12.2).
- During their last five games, the Bluejays have scored an average of 73.0 points per game (4.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 71.6 points per game (2.7 above their season average).
- The Friars’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.2, down from 5.7 for the season.