The Princeton Tigers (0-2) will travel to Michael J. Hagan 85 Arena to meet the Saint Joseph’s Hawks (1-1) in their home opener. Saint Joseph’s opened as a 2.5-point favorite, while the games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 141.5 points. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 18, 2017.
Princeton Tigers at Saint Joseph’s Hawks ATS Preview
In the Tigers last matchup, they lost to the BYU Cougars, 65-56. With 19 points on 6-for-13 shooting, Devin Cannady was Princeton’s leading scorer. BYU did a terrific job of making free throws (25-27; 92.6 percent). Princeton, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (38.9 vs. 4.3).
The Hawks will look to maintain momentum after beating the UIC Flames in their last contest, 86-82. Saint Joseph’s Taylor Funk played well, finishing with 22 points and nine rebounds. Saint Joseph’s 0.500 effective field goal percentage was their biggest advantage over UIC, who had a mark of 0.466.
Saint Joseph’s might struggle to put up points as they square off against one of the NCAA’s best defenses. Princeton ranks 29th in defensive efficiency, while the Hawks rank 269th in offensive efficiency dating back to the 2016-17 season.
The Tigers are 23-8 straight up (SU) and 13-12-1 against the spread (ATS) since last season. Since last season, Princeton games have had a tendency to finish under the projected point total (57.7 percent).
The Hawks, on the other hand, are 12-21 SU and 13-18-1 ATS since last season. Just over half of Saint Joseph’s games have finished over the projected point total over that same time frame.
The Hawks won the lone game against the Tigers last season, 76-68. Saint Joseph’s had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (41.3 vs. 15.2). Princeton, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (6.5 vs. 11.3).
Princeton Tigers at Saint Joseph’s Hawks Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Princeton, ATS Winner – Princeton, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Tigers rank 116th in steals per game (6.6) while the Hawks rank 251st (5.0).
- Princeton ranks 36th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while Saint Joseph’s ranks 102nd (3.1).
- Princeton ranks 22nd in three pointers attempted per game (25.7) while Saint Joseph’s ranks 310th in three pointers allowed per game (26.1).
- The Tigers rank 12th in assists allowed per game (10.3) while the Hawks rank 259th (14.9).
- Saint Joseph’s ranks 124th in rebounds per game (36.6) while Princeton ranks 280th (33.0).