The Princeton Tigers (11-11, 6-3 Ivy) will be at Edward Leede Arena to square off with the Dartmouth Big Green (10-14, 3-6 Ivy) in an Ivy matchup. The game begins at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
Princeton Tigers vs. Dartmouth Big Green Betting Odds
Both teams covered in their last contest. The Big Green (5.5-point favorites) defeated the Penn Quakers, 66-59, while the Tigers (4-point underdogs) were defeated by the Harvard Crimson, 61-60. The Dartmouth game finished 5 points under the projected point total of 130, while the Princeton game finished 19.5 points under the projected point total of 140.5.
Dartmouth played a nearly flawless game. They had a great free throw rate of 0.304 (above their season average of 0.172) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 27.3 (above their season average of 21.5). For those same stats, Penn was 0.083 and 18.4, respectively. Princeton, on the other hand, had a much better free throw rate (0.180 vs. 0.075). Dartmouth received a boost from Chris Knight, who contributed 16 points and seven rebounds. Jaelin Llewellyn had a good game for Princeton, recording 22 points and eight rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Richmond Aririguzoh led the Tigers to a 66-44 win. He scored a game-high 13 points. Princeton covered as a 6-point favorite and the two teams combined for 110 points, which was well under the projected point total of 132. Princeton’s 0.594 effective field goal percentage was its biggest advantage over Dartmouth, who had a rate of 0.394.
Of the Tigers’ 20 games that accepted bets, 11 have finished under the total. Princeton holds records of 11-11 straight up (SU) and 11-9 against the spread (ATS).
Much like Princeton, just over half of Big Green games have finished under the projected point total. Moreover, Dartmouth owns records of 10-14 SU and 9-12-1 ATS.
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when two of the country’s slowest-paced teams battle. Dartmouth ranks 280th in possessions per game (67.2) and Princeton is 275th (67.3).
Princeton Tigers vs. Dartmouth Big Green Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Princeton, ATS Winner – Princeton, O/U – Under
- Princeton ranks 16th in three pointers allowed per game (17.1) while Dartmouth ranks 237th (24.3).
- The Big Green rank 23rd in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while the Tigers rank 110th (3.4).
- The Tigers rank 114th in steals per game (6.6) while the Big Green rank 234th (4.9).
- Dartmouth ranks 159th in rebounds per game (35.3) while Princeton ranks 270th (32.1).
- Dartmouth is 3-5 ATS at home, while Princeton is 5-5 ATS on the road.
- The Tigers have 7 overs and 3 unders in 10 road games.
- The Big Green have 5 unders and 3 overs in 8 home games.
- In their last five games, Princeton and Dartmouth have both had 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Tigers are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Big Green are 2-3.
- The Tigers have been outscored by an average of 2.0 points in their last five games. On the season, Princeton has defeated opponents by an average of 1.0 point.
- During their last five games, the Big Green have scored an average of 65.6 points per game (0.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 63.4 points per game (0.7 below their season average).