The UNC Asheville Bulldogs (12-14, 6-9 BigSou) close out their home schedule at Kimmel Arena against the Presbyterian Blue Hose (9-19, 6-9 BigSou). Action gets underway at 4:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
Presbyterian Blue Hose at UNC Asheville Bulldogs ATS Odds
Both teams lost in their last contest. The Bulldogs fell to the Radford Highlanders, 79-64, while the Blue Hose were defeated by the High Point Panthers, 82-70.
Presbyterian held High Point to an offensive rebounding percentage of 16.0 (below their season average of 32.3) while UNC Asheville had a better turnover percentage (17.3 vs. 16.5). UNC Asheville was led by Lavar Batts Jr., who contributed 15 points. Ben Drake was a key piece for Presbyterian with 15 points and six rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Cory Hightower led the Blue Hose to a 79-77 win. He produced 18 points and eight rebounds. Presbyterian had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.714 vs. 0.561). UNC Asheville, meanwhile, had a much better turnover percentage (16.6 vs. 27.7).
UNC Asheville could have their way on the offensive side of the ball as their upper-echelon offense faces off against one of the country’s worst defenses. The Bulldogs currently rank 53rd in effective field goal percentage (0.531), while Presbyterian ranks 324th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.532). Ball protection could be troublesome for the Blue Hose. They rank 317th at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 21.7 percent), while the Bulldogs force the 18th-most turnovers in the NCAA (opponents’ turnover percentage of 23.9 percent).
Presbyterian Blue Hose vs. UNC Asheville Bulldogs Betting Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – UNC Asheville, ATS Winner – UNC Asheville, O/U – Under
- UNC Asheville ranks 11th in three pointers allowed per game (16.9) while Presbyterian ranks 250th (24.8).
- The Blue Hose rank 239th in rebounds per game (33.3) while the Bulldogs rank 285th (31.0).
- Presbyterian ranks 195th in assists per game (12.3) while UNC Asheville ranks 236th (11.4).
- The Bulldogs rank 16th in steals allowed per game (4.9) while the Blue Hose rank 175th (7.1).
- UNC Asheville ranks 50th in blocks allowed per game (2.8) while Presbyterian ranks 105th (3.3).
- During their last five games, the Bulldogs have scored an average of 74.0 points per game (1.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 75.2 points per game (0.2 below their season average).
- The Blue Hose’s average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 7.2, up from 6.1 for the season.