The Nicholls Colonels (2-2) and the Presbyterian Blue Hose (1-4) square off in the Battle 4 Atlantis Mainland at Retriever Activities Center. Tip-off is scheduled for 2 p.m. ET on Thursday, November 23, 2017.
Presbyterian Blue Hose vs. Nicholls Colonels ATS Preview
In the Blue Hoses last outing, they lost to the Charlotte 49ers, 83-74. Davon Bell had a good performance for Presbyterian, leading both teams in scoring with 27 points on 9-for-15 shooting. Charlotte held the Blue Hose to an offensive rebounding percentage of 6.9 (below their season average of 27.4). Presbyterian, meanwhile, did an excellent job of making free throws (14-18; 77.8 percent).
The Colonels are trying to rebound after their 100-86 loss to the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers in their last contest. Roddy Peters was the top scorer from either team with 34 points on 11-for-25 shooting. Western Kentucky had a free throw rate of 0.426 (above their season average of 0.376). Nicholls, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 36.7 (above their season average of 26.8).
It will be a battle of conflicting styles as the fast-paced Colonels will look to push the more grind-it-out Blue Hose. Dating back to last season, the Colonels rank 15th in possessions per game while the Blue Hose are 308th. It could also be a sloppy game for the Blue Hoses offense, which ranks 344th in ball security (turnover percentage of 22.6 percent). Theyll be going up against the stingy defense of the Colonels, which has forced the 47th-most turnovers in the nation (21.1 percent).
Presbyterian Blue Hose vs. Nicholls Colonels Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Nicholls, ATS Winner – Nicholls, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Blue Hose rank 151st in rebounds allowed per game (34.8) while the Colonels rank 320th (40.1).
- Nicholls averages 14.3 assists per game, which ranks 109th in the nation. Presbyterian ranks 258th in assists allowed per game (14.9).
- Nicholls ranks 13th in three pointers attempted per game (26.6) while Presbyterian ranks 289th (17.9).
- The Colonels rank 29th in steals per game (7.7) while the Blue Hose rank 277th (4.7).
- Nicholls ranks fifth in blocks per game (5.9) while Presbyterian ranks 251st (2.3).