The Campbell Fighting Camels (15-14, 9-8 BigSou) and Presbyterian Blue Hose (11-19, 4-13 BigSou) will square off at John W. Pope Jr. Convocation Center to close out the regular season. Tip-off is set for 4:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 24, 2018.
Presbyterian Blue Hose vs. Campbell Fighting Camels Free Preview
In the Blue Hose’s last outing, they lost to the Gardner-Webb Runnin’ Bulldogs, 78-63. Ruben Arroyo had a good game for Presbyterian, recording 13 points and five rebounds. Gardner-Webb did an excellent job of converting from the free throw line (13-15; 86.7 percent). Presbyterian, meanwhile, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (28.6 vs. 25.9).
The Fighting Camels are trying to rebound after their 72-68 loss to the Charleston Southern Buccaneers in their last contest. Chris Clemons was the top scorer from either team with 24 points on 6-for-18 shooting. Charleston Southern held the Fighting Camels to an effective field goal percentage of 0.427 (below their season average of 0.566). Campbell, meanwhile, did a terrific job of converting from the free throw line (21-24; 87.5 percent).
Campbell could have their way on the offensive side of the ball as their elite offense goes up against one of the NCAA’s worst defenses. The Fighting Camels rank 25th in effective field goal percentage (0.561), while Presbyterian ranks 307th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.539).
JC Younger has really been playing well over the last five games for Presbyterian, averaging 15.6 points per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The Fighting Camels won 83-79. One of Campbell’s largest advantages was their ability to convert at the free throw line. They were 20-22 (90.9 percent), while the Blue Hose were 9-11 (81.8 percent). Davon Bell was a top player in the game with 26 points, seven assists and six rebounds.
Presbyterian Blue Hose vs. Campbell Fighting Camels Prediction
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Presbyterian, ATS Winner – Presbyterian, O/U – Over
- The Fighting Camels rank 258th in rebounds per game (32.5) while the Blue Hose rank 280th (31.5).
- Presbyterian averages 24.1 three pointers per game, which ranks 76th in the nation. Campbell ranks 80th in three pointers allowed per game (20.2).
- Campbell ranks 98th in assists per game (14.4) while Presbyterian ranks 241st (11.5).
- The Blue Hose rank 30th in steals allowed per game (5.2) while the Fighting Camels rank 143rd (6.6).
- Campbell ranks 36th in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while Presbyterian ranks 63rd (2.9).
- The Fighting Camels average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.8, up from 5.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Blue Hose have scored an average of 60.6 points per game (6.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 68.2 points per game (2.9 below their season average).