A six-game home winning streak is on the line for the Radford Highlanders (10-6, 2-0 BigSou) when they challenge the Presbyterian Blue Hose (9-8, 1-1 BigSou) at Dedmon Center. Action starts at 4:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 12, 2019.
Presbyterian Blue Hose at Radford Highlanders ATS Odds
In their last outing, the Highlanders were victorious over the USC Upstate Spartans, 79-72, while the Blue Hose were beaten by the High Point Panthers, 74-58.
Radford played a flawless contest. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.340 (above their season average of 0.179) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.9 (below their season average of 28.7). For those same stats, USC Upstate put up marks of 0.192 and 23.3, respectively. Presbyterian, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (11.9 vs. 16.0). Ed Polite Jr. fueled Radford with 16 points and seven rebounds. Meanwhile, Davon Bell had a good outing for Presbyterian, contributing 11 points and five rebounds.
The Highlanders dominated this series last year, winning both contests. In the last contest, Radford won 74-68. Radford’s effective field goal percentage was its biggest advantage over Presbyterian. The Highlanders had a rate of 0.657 while the Blue Hose posted a mark of 0.526. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Looking at effective field goal percentage, Radford figures to have a significant advantage. The sweet-shooting Highlanders offense ranks 100th in the country in that metric at 0.533, while the Presbyterian defense is ranked 222nd in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.507).
Presbyterian Blue Hose vs. Radford Highlanders Free Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Radford, O/U – Under
- Presbyterian ranks 25th in three pointers attempted per game (27.9) while Radford ranks 179th in three pointers allowed per game (24.0).
- The Highlanders are 10th in the nation with 4.6 steals allowed per game while the Blue Hose are 11th with 4.6 steals allowed per game.
- The Highlanders rank 41st in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while the Blue Hose rank 79th (3.2).
- Radford ranks 171st in rebounds per game (35.0) while Presbyterian ranks 192nd in rebounds allowed per game (36.9).
- During their last five games, the Highlanders have scored an average of 74.8 points per game (0.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 66.6 points per game (1.3 below their season average).
- The Blue Hose have been outscored by an average of 3.6 points in their last five games. For the season, Presbyterian has defeated opponents by an average of 6.9 points.