The Presbyterian Blue Hose (6-10, 3-0 BigSou) will be at Willett Hall to take on the Longwood Lancers (6-11, 1-3 BigSou) in a BigSou matchup. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 16, 2020.
Presbyterian Blue Hose at Longwood Lancers Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Lancers lost a tough one against the Hampton Pirates, 83-80, while the Blue Hose defeated the High Point Panthers, 77-62.
Presbyterian played a nearly perfect game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.659 (above their season average of 0.166) and a turnover percentage of 13.0 (better than their season average of 18.9). High Point put up marks of 0.435 and 18.9, respectively, for those same stats. Longwood, meanwhile, held Hampton to an offensive rebounding percentage of 17.6 (below their season average of 29.4). Longwood was lifted by Jordan Cintron, who had 11 points and 14 rebounds. Meanwhile, Zeb Graham fueled Presbyterian with 19 points and six assists.
The Blue Hose won the sole game between these two teams last year, 71-64. The Blue Hose’s 28.2 offensive rebounding percentage was their largest advantage over the Lancers, who had a mark of 19.5. This is the first time these teams will battle this year.
Second-chance points could be hard to come by for Presbyterian in this showdown. The Blue Hose rank 238th in offensive rebounding percentage (26.8 percent), while Longwood ranks 100th in defensive rebounding percentage (74.1 percent).
Presbyterian Blue Hose at Longwood Lancers Free Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Longwood, ATS Winner – Longwood, O/U – Under
- Longwood ranks 36th in three pointers attempted per game (26.6) while Presbyterian ranks 255th in three pointers allowed per game (26.2).
- The Blue Hose rank 175th in assists per game (12.3) while the Lancers rank 227th (10.4).
- Presbyterian ranks 184th in rebounds per game (34.7) while Longwood ranks 214th in rebounds allowed per game (37.5).
- The Lancers’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 7.8, up from 1.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Blue Hose have scored an average of 69.8 points per game (4.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 68.6 points per game (2.9 below their season average).