The High Point Panthers (8-19, 5-9 BigSou) welcome the Presbyterian Blue Hose (9-18, 6-8 BigSou) to Millis Center. The Blue Hose look to end a five-game road losing streak. The game gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 20, 2020.
Presbyterian Blue Hose vs. High Point Panthers Betting Odds
In their last game, the Panthers were victorious over the USC Upstate Spartans, 62-54, while the Blue Hose lost a close one to the Winthrop Eagles, 89-88.
The Panthers knocked down 22 of their 30 free throws (73.3 percent) and held the Spartans to an effective field goal percentage of 0.377 (below their season average of 0.486). Presbyterian, meanwhile, had a free throw rate of 0.481 (above their season average of 0.239). High Point rallied around John-Michael Wright, who recorded 18 points and seven rebounds. Chris Martin, meanwhile had a good outing for Presbyterian, putting up 26 points.
In their first matchup this year, Zeb Graham led the Blue Hose to a 77-62 victory. He was the game’s top overall scorer with 19 points. One of Presbyterian’s largest advantages was getting to the charity stripe. They made 37 trips to the line, while High Point went 32 times.
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when two of the nation’s slowest-paced teams face off. High Point ranks 256th in possessions per game (67.6) and Presbyterian is 264th (67.5).
Presbyterian Blue Hose at High Point Panthers Betting Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – High Point, ATS Winner – High Point, O/U – Under
- Presbyterian averages 12.2 assists per game, which ranks 191st in the country. High Point ranks 263rd in assists allowed per game (15.8).
- The Panthers average 3.5 blocks per game, which ranks 90th in the NCAA. The Blue Hose rank 105th in blocks allowed per game (3.3).
- The Panthers average 20.0 three pointers per game, which ranks 215th in the nation. The Blue Hose rank 259th in three pointers allowed per game (25.0).
- Presbyterian averages 6.0 steals per game, which ranks 152nd in the country. High Point ranks 173rd in steals allowed per game (7.1).
- The Blue Hose’s average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 6.0, up from 5.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Panthers have scored an average of 67.6 points per game (4.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 74.4 points per game (1.7 above their season average).