The Presbyterian Blue Hose (12-9, 4-2 BigSou) will be at the John W. Pope Jr. Convocation Center to take on the Campbell Fighting Camels (10-8, 3-1 BigSou) in a BigSou matchup. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 24, 2019.
Presbyterian Blue Hose vs. Campbell Fighting Camels Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Fighting Camels edged the Charleston Southern Buccaneers 73-72, while the Blue Hose defeated the USC Upstate Spartans 68-59.
The Blue Hose had an absurd free throw rate of 0.386 (above their season average of 0.226) and held the Spartans to an effective field goal percentage of 0.438 (below their season average of 0.489). Meanwhile, Campbell dominated nearly every facet of their game. They had a free throw rate of 0.226 (above their season average of 0.215) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.575 (above their season average of 0.542). For those same stats, Charleston Southern recorded marks of 0.131 and 0.525, respectively. Campbell rallied around Chris Clemons, who had 29 points. Meanwhile, Davon Bell played a key role for Presbyterian with 16 points, seven assists and six rebounds.
The Fighting Camels dominated this series last year, securing victories in both games. In the last contest, Campbell won 72-56. Campbell made 12 of their 28 three pointers (42.9 percent), while Presbyterian was 7-29 (24.1 percent). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Campbell appears to have the edge on the offensive side of the ball. The Fighting Camels currently rank 62nd in effective field goal percentage (0.544), while Presbyterian ranks 215th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.506).
Presbyterian Blue Hose at Campbell Fighting Camels Odds Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Campbell, O/U – Under
- Campbell averages 28.6 three pointers per game, which ranks 13th in the NCAA. Presbyterian ranks 202nd in three pointers allowed per game (24.1).
- The Fighting Camels average 15.7 assists per game, which ranks 49th in the NCAA. The Blue Hose rank 102nd in assists allowed per game (12.6).
- Campbell ranks 17th in blocks allowed per game (2.3) while Presbyterian ranks 60th (2.9).
- The Blue Hose rank eighth in steals allowed per game (4.6) while the Fighting Camels rank 100th (6.3).
- Presbyterian ranks 166th in rebounds per game (35.0) while Campbell ranks 229th (33.2).
- The Blue Hose’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.6, down from 7.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Fighting Camels have scored an average of 79.2 points per game (1.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 64.8 points per game (6.5 below their season average).