The Tulsa Golden Hurricane (5-4) will be at home in Donald Reynolds Center when they square off with the Prairie View A&M Panthers (2-7). Action gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Thursday, December 14, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Prairie View A&M Panthers at Tulsa Golden Hurricane Odds Preview
The last time the Panthers played, they got blown out by the No. 7 Texas A&M Aggies, 73-53. With 18 points on 8-for-22 shooting, Zachary Hamilton was the top scorer from either team. Texas A&M held the Panthers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 22.2 (below their season average of 30.6). Prairie View A&M, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 12.5 (better than their season average of 18.9).
The Golden Hurricane will look to keep it rolling after topping the Kansas State Wildcats in their last contest, 61-54. Tulsa received a boost from Junior Etou, who was the top scorer from either team with 22 points on 7-for-14 shooting. Tulsa played a nearly perfect game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.8 (below their season average of 30.5) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.489 (below their season average of 0.534). For those same stats, Kansas State was 17.9 and 0.357, respectively.
The aggressive Tulsa offense seems poised to dominate from the foul line. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, the Golden Hurricane rank 12th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.314, while Prairie View A&M ranks 342nd in FTA rate allowed (0.340).
Prairie View A&M Panthers at Tulsa Golden Hurricane Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Prairie View A&M, ATS Winner – Prairie View A&M, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Golden Hurricane rank 170th in assists per game (11.7) while the Panthers rank 248th (11.4).
- Tulsa averages 2.6 blocks per game, which ranks 131st in the nation. Prairie View A&M ranks 179th in blocks allowed per game (4.1).
- Prairie View A&M ranks 79th in three pointers allowed per game (18.9) while Tulsa ranks 236th (23.0).
- The Golden Hurricane rank 77th in rebounds per game (35.5) while the Panthers rank 230th in rebounds allowed per game (38.1).
- Prairie View A&M averages 8.0 steals per game, which ranks 77th in the NCAA. Tulsa ranks 174th in steals allowed per game (7.1).