The Prairie View A&M Panthers (11-16, 8-5 SWAC) will travel to Harrison Complex to take on the Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils (2-25, 2-12 SWAC) in their home finale. Tip-off is scheduled for 8:30 p.m. ET on Monday, February 19, 2018.
Prairie View A&M Panthers vs. Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils ATS Preview
The Panthers were victorious over the UAPB Golden Lions in their last contest, 76-71. Dennis Jones was Prairie View A&M’s high scorer with 17 points on 4-for-14 shooting. Prairie View A&M dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.234 (matching their season average) and a turnover percentage of 15.0 (better than their season average of 16.9). For those same stats, UAPB put up marks of 0.155 and 20.0, respectively.
In the Delta Devils last matchup, they were defeated by the Texas Southern Tigers, 72-71. Dante Scott was the top scorer from either team with 24 points on 10-for-15 shooting. Texas Southern did an excellent job of making free throws (16-22; 72.7 percent). Mississippi Valley State, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (11.9 vs. 14.0).
It could be a sloppy game for the Prairie View A&M offense. Prairie View A&M ranks 246th in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 19.7 percent), while the ball-hawking defense of Mississippi Valley State forces the 82nd-most turnovers in the nation (20.7 percent).
Scott has really been playing well over the last five games for Mississippi Valley State, averaging 18.8 points and 6.0 rebounds per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The Panthers won 93-77. The Panthers’ 46.2 offensive rebounding percentage was their largest advantage over the Delta Devils, who had a mark of 24.2. In the loss, Jordan Evans led all scorers with 30 points.
Prairie View A&M Panthers at Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils ATS Prediction
Free Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Mississippi Valley State, ATS Winner – Mississippi Valley State, O/U – Under
- The Panthers average 34.6 rebounds per game, which ranks 184th in the nation. The Delta Devils rank 286th in rebounds allowed per game (40.5).
- Prairie View A&M averages 2.9 blocks per game, which ranks 161st in the NCAA. Mississippi Valley State ranks 196th in blocks allowed per game (5.3).
- Prairie View A&M ranks 140th in three pointers attempted per game (22.1) while Mississippi Valley State ranks 273rd (17.9).
- The Panthers rank 109th in assists allowed per game (13.0) while the Delta Devils rank 228th (15.3).
- Prairie View A&M ranks 49th in steals per game (7.3) while Mississippi Valley State ranks 161st (5.7).
- The Delta Devils average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 0.6, down from 14.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Panthers have scored an average of 81.6 points per game (6.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 73.6 points per game (4.3 below their season average).