The Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils (3-24, 2-12 SWAC) close out their home schedule at Harrison Complex against the Prairie View A&M Panthers (15-11, 11-2 SWAC). Action starts at 8:30 p.m. ET on Monday, February 24, 2020.
Prairie View A&M Panthers vs. Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Delta Devils lost a tough one against the Texas Southern Tigers, 94-92, while the Panthers beat the UAPB Golden Lions, 69-61.
The Panthers had a turnover percentage of 14.1 (better than their season average of 18.2) and had a free throw rate of 0.370 (above their season average of 0.283). Mississippi Valley State, meanwhile, had a much better turnover percentage (12.1 vs. 18.5). Caleb Hunter played a key role for Mississippi Valley State with 21 points, six assists and five steals. Prairie View A&M was led by Devonte Patterson, who finished with 25 points and nine rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Patterson led the Panthers to a 102-83 win. He registered a double-double with 19 points and 10 assists. The Panthers’ turnover percentage was their largest advantage over the Delta Devils. Prairie View A&M had a rate of 16.8, while Mississippi Valley State posted a mark of 24.8.
The inefficient offense of Mississippi Valley State (348th in the nation with an offensive efficiency of 89.2) will clash against the top-notch defense of Prairie View A&M (59th in the NCAA with a defensive efficiency of 94.8). The Panthers figure to have the advantage on that end of the court.
Prairie View A&M Panthers at Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils Free Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Prairie View A&m, ATS Winner – Mississippi Valley State, O/U – Under
- Mississippi Valley State ranks 17th in three pointers attempted per game (27.7) while Prairie View A&M ranks 318th (15.0).
- The Panthers average 8.6 steals per game, which ranks 18th in the nation. The Delta Devils rank 160th in steals allowed per game (6.8).
- The Panthers rank 72nd in rebounds allowed per game (33.2) while the Delta Devils rank 288th (48.2).
- Prairie View A&M ranks 75th in assists allowed per game (11.7) while Mississippi Valley State ranks 274th (19.4).
- The Panthers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 9.6, up from 2.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Delta Devils have scored an average of 76.6 points per game (6.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 85.8 points per game (4.3 below their season average).