Expect a fast-paced game when the Prairie View A&M Panthers (6-10, 2-1 SWAC) travel to Grambling State to take on the Tigers (9-8, 3-1 SWAC). The game gets underway at 6:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 18, 2020.
Prairie View A&M Panthers at Grambling State Tigers ATS Odds
Both teams fell in their last matchup. The Tigers were blown out by the Alcorn State Braves, 87-69, while the Panthers fell to the Texas Southern Tigers, 71-67.
Prairie View A&M held Texas Southern to an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.0 (below their season average of 30.7) while Grambling State had an effective field goal percentage of 0.566 (above their season average of 0.508). Grambling State was led by Cameron Christon, who recorded 17 points and nine rebounds. Devonte Patterson was a key piece for Prairie View A&M with 21 points and 11 rebounds.
The Panthers dominated this series last year, securing victories in all three games. In the last matchup, Prairie View A&M won 81-71. Prairie View A&M made good use of their 46 trips to the charity stripe, converting on 37 of them (80.4 percent). Grambling State, meanwhile, was 18-22 (81.8 percent). This is the first time these teams will clash this year.
There could be a fair amount of transition action in this meeting that features two of the country’s more fast-paced teams. Grambling State ranks 43rd in possessions per game (73.1) and Prairie View A&M is 32nd (73.8).
Prairie View A&M Panthers at Grambling State Tigers Odds Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Grambling State, ATS Winner – Grambling State, O/U – Over
- Grambling State ranks 96th in rebounds per game (37.4) while Prairie View A&M ranks 254th (32.4).
- The Tigers rank 44th in blocks allowed per game (2.8) while the Panthers rank 80th (3.3).
- Grambling State ranks 265th in three pointers attempted per game (16.6) while Prairie View A&M ranks 283rd (13.8).
- The Panthers rank 29th in steals per game (8.6) while the Tigers rank 131st in steals allowed per game (6.8).
- Prairie View A&M averages 12.9 assists per game, which ranks 146th in the nation. Grambling State ranks 220th in assists allowed per game (15.1).
- The Tigers have been outscored by an average of 5.2 points in their last five games. For the season, Grambling State has defeated opponents by an average of 4.1 points.
- During their last five games, the Panthers have scored an average of 72.4 points per game (1.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 69.4 points per game (3.0 below their season average).