The Georgia State Panthers (3-1) and the Prairie View A&M Panthers (1-3) clash in the MGM Resorts Main Event Middleweight at T-Mobile Arena. Georgia State is a 16.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 143 points. Tip-off is set for 4:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 22, 2017.
Prairie View A&M Panthers vs. Georgia State Panthers Odds Preview
Prairie View A&M beat the Eastern Kentucky Colonels in its last outing, 80-70. With 19 points, five rebounds and five assists, Prairie View A&Ms Gary Blackston played well. Prairie View A&M had a much better turnover percentage (12.0 vs. 26.8) and held Eastern Kentucky to an offensive rebounding percentage of 21.1 (below their season average of 27.5).
In Georgia States last matchup, they dismantled the Eastern Washington Eagles, 68-50. DMarcus Simonds had a good game for Georgia State, contributing 19 points. Georgia State had a much better turnover percentage (15.5 vs. 29.1) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.556 (above their season average of 0.539).
Prairie View A&M has had a middling 14-23 straight up (SU) record since last season, but are just 2-4 against the spread (ATS). Games including Prairie View A&M have had a tendency to go over the O/U total since last season (80.0 percent).
Georgia State, on the other hand, is 23-13 SU and 17-16 ATS since last season. Over that same time frame, games featuring Georgia State have finished under the O/U total 57.6 percent of the time.
Prairie View A&M Panthers vs. Georgia State Panthers Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Georgia State, ATS Winner – Georgia State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- Prairie View A&M ranks 17th in steals per game (8.2) while Georgia State ranks 135th in steals allowed per game (6.1).
- Georgia State ranks 228th in assists per game (12.4) while Prairie View A&M ranks 256th (11.9).
- Prairie View A&M ranks 34th in three pointers allowed per game (18.6) while Georgia State ranks 307th (25.4).
- Georgia State ranks 75th in rebounds allowed per game (33.5) while Prairie View A&M ranks 279th (38.2).
- Georgia State ranks 49th in blocks allowed per game (2.8) while Prairie View A&M ranks 221st (4.0).