The UAPB Golden Lions (3-22, 2-11 SWAC) welcome the Prairie View A&M Panthers (14-11, 10-2 SWAC) to H.O. Clemmons Arena. The Golden Lions look to snap their 10-game losing streak. The game is scheduled to start at 8:50 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
Prairie View A&M Panthers vs. UAPB Golden Lions Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Golden Lions fell to the Alcorn State Braves, 60-52, while the Panthers beat the Jackson State Tigers, 70-61.
Prairie View A&M played a nearly perfect game. They had an effective field goal percentage of 0.500 (above their season average of 0.478) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.7 (below their season average of 29.2). For those same stats, Jackson State put up marks of 0.375 and 16.2, respectively. UAPB, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 37.5 (above their season average of 26.1). UAPB was lifted by Terrance Banyard, who contributed 16 points and 14 rebounds. Gerard Andrus, meanwhile played a key role for Prairie View A&M with 19 points and seven rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Devonte Patterson led the Panthers to a 67-54 victory. He recorded 17 points and eight rebounds. The Panthers’ 39.3 offensive rebounding percentage was their largest strength over the Golden Lions, who had a rate of 29.6.
The inefficient offense of UAPB (354th in the nation with an offensive efficiency of 79.8) will go head-to-head against the stingy defense of Prairie View A&M (57th in the NCAA with a defensive efficiency of 94.8). The Panthers figure to have the edge on that end of the court. Contrasting tempos will be on display in this contest. The quick-paced Panthers rank 49th in possessions per game, while the more methodical Golden Lions rank 326th.
Prairie View A&M Panthers at UAPB Golden Lions Odds Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Prairie View A&M, ATS Winner – Prairie View A&M, O/U – Over
- Prairie View A&M ranks 19th in steals per game (8.6) while UAPB ranks 223rd in steals allowed per game (9.4).
- The Panthers rank 258th in rebounds per game (32.8) while the Golden Lions rank 287th (31.0).
- Prairie View A&M ranks 301st in three pointers attempted per game (14.8) while UAPB ranks 306th (13.6).
- The Panthers rank 110th in assists per game (13.7) while the Golden Lions rank 279th (9.1).
- UAPB ranks 22nd in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while Prairie View A&M ranks 114th (3.4).
- The Golden Lions’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 9.6, down from 15.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Panthers have scored an average of 66.4 points per game (4.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 59.0 points per game (9.3 below their season average).