The Oregon Ducks (1-0) will be at home in Matthew Knight Arena when they take on the Prairie View A&M Panthers (0-1). Action gets underway at 9 p.m. ET on Monday, November 13, 2017, and it can be seen on Pac-12 Network.
Prairie View A&M Panthers at Oregon Ducks Betting Preview
The Panthers were blown out by the Utah Runnin Utes in their last contest, 83-62. Dennis Jones put together a solid game for Prairie View A&M, leading the team in scoring with 16 points on 6-for-13 shooting. Utah had a much better free throw rate (0.357 vs. 0.246). Prairie View A&M, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (20.7 vs. 21.5).
In the Ducks last matchup, they topped the Coppin State Eagles, 70-54. With 23 points on 8-for-9 shooting, Roman Sorkin was the top scorer from either team. The Ducks had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (24.2 vs. 7.9) and had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.508 vs. 0.351).
Oregon could dominate on the offensive side of the ball as their high-powered offense squares off against one of the worst defenses in the NCAA. Since last season, the Ducks rank 19th in offensive efficiency, while Prairie View A&M ranks 256th in defensive efficiency.
The Panthers have had a middling 13-21 straight up (SU) record since last season, but have had a difficult time covering the spread (1-2 against the spread (ATS)). Vegas has had a tendency to set the total low when Prairie View A&M is involved since last season as 66.7 percent of their games have gone over the O/U total.
On the other hand, the Ducks, are 30-5 SU and 23-13-1 ATS since last season. Vegas has been fairly accurate when setting the O/U total of Oregon games over that same stretch with 19 unders compared to 18 overs.
Prairie View A&M Panthers vs. Oregon Ducks Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Oregon, ATS Winner – Oregon, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Panthers rank 38th in three pointers allowed per game (18.5) while the Ducks rank 238th (22.6).
- Prairie View A&M ranks 15th in steals per game (8.3) while Oregon ranks 126th (6.4).
- Oregon ranks 39th in rebounds allowed per game (32.4) while Prairie View A&M ranks 280th (38.1).
- The Ducks rank 41st in assists per game (15.7) while the Panthers rank 246th (12.1).
- Oregon ranks second in blocks per game (6.3) while Prairie View A&M ranks 203rd in blocks allowed per game (3.8).