The Sacramento Kings (3-11) will be at home in Golden 1 Center when they take on the Portland Trail Blazers (8-6). Portland is a 7.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 198.5 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 10 p.m. ET on Friday, November 17, 2017, and it can be seen on NBC Sports – California.
Portland Trail Blazers at Sacramento Kings ATS Preview
The Trail Blazers defeated the Orlando Magic in their last contest, 99-94. Damian Lillard was the games leading scorer with 26 points on 9-for-21 shooting. The Trail Blazers forced 15 turnovers and had a better offensive rebounding percentage (22.7 vs. 18.4).
In the Kings last matchup, they were defeated by the Atlanta Hawks, 126-80. Zach Randolph led Sacramento in scoring with 16 points on 7-for-11 shooting. Atlanta made 16 of their 32 three pointers (50.0 percent). Sacramento, on the other hand, forced the Hawks into a turnover percentage of 18.1 (above their season average of 14.4).
Sacramento might have difficulty finding the bottom of the net as they battle against one of the NBAs best defenses. Portland currently ranks third in defensive efficiency while the Kings rank 29th in offensive efficiency. Furthermore, the Trail Blazers rank fourth in offensive rebounding percentage (26.0 percent), while the Kings rank 30th in defensive rebounding percentage (73.4 percent).
Of Portlands 14 games, 10 have finished under the O/U total, while 7 of Sacramentos 14 games have finished under the projected point total. The Trail Blazers hold a substantial advantage in terms of straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 8-6 SU and 5-7-2 ATS, while the Kings are 3-11 SU and 4-9-1 ATS.
This is the first time these teams will battle this year. The Trail Blazers won two out of three games played against each other last season. In the most recent contest, Portland won 102-89. The Trail Blazers dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a superb effective field goal percentage of 0.554 and a great free throw rate of 0.270. The Kings were 0.449 and 0.228, respectively, for those same stats.
Portland Trail Blazers at Sacramento Kings Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Trail Blazers, ATS Winner – Trail Blazers, O/U – Under
- The Trail Blazers rank sixth in three pointers allowed per game (26.4) while the Kings rank 29th (33.2).
- Portland ranks 23rd in points off turnovers per game (15.4) while Sacramento ranks 29th (13.8).
- Portland ranks fifth in second chance points allowed per game (10.1) while Sacramento ranks 28th (14.4).
- Portland is 2-1-1 ATS on the road with 2 overs and 2 unders.
- At home, Sacramento is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- Portland is 6-2 when they allow below 100 points, while Sacramento is 2-1.
- In games where they score over 100 points, the Kings are 1-3 and the Trail Blazers are 6-3.
- The Kings rank 17th in fast break points per game (8.9) while the Trail Blazers rank 29th (4.4).
- Portland ranks first in assists allowed per game (16.9) while Sacramento ranks 28th (25.2).
- The Trail Blazers rank second in rebounds allowed per game (40.4) while the Kings rank 27th (47.3).
- Sacramento ranks fourth in blocks allowed per game (4.0) while Portland ranks 27th (6.1).
- Sacramento is 2-3 ATS with 2 overs, 2 unders and 1 push in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Portland is 2-2-1 ATS with 5 unders.
- The Kings’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 16.4, up from 13.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Trail Blazers have scored an average of 99.0 points per game (5.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 94.8 points per game (4.1 below their season average).