The Portland Trail Blazers (10-7), the leagues top shooting defense, will meet the Philadelphia 76ers (9-7) at Wells Fargo Center. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 22, 2017.
Portland Trail Blazers vs. Philadelphia 76ers Odds Preview
The Trail Blazers were victorious over the Memphis Grizzlies in their last game, 100-92. With 11 points and 18 rebounds, Noah Vonleh had a good outing for Portland. Portland dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3 (above their season average of 25.5) and a free throw rate of 0.337 (above their season average of 0.222). Memphis put up marks of 10.0 and 0.209, respectively, for those same stats.
The last time the 76ers played, they thoroughly outplayed the Utah Jazz, 107-86. With 27 points on 13-for-24 shooting, Ben Simmons was the games high scorer. The 76ers held the Jazz to an offensive rebounding percentage of 13.2 (below their season average of 20.6) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.406 (below their season average of 0.504).
Opposite styles will be on display in this contest. Philadelphia likes to play up-tempo (fourth in possessions per game), while Portland is more half-court-oriented (24th in possessions per game).
In terms of the O/U total, these teams are complete opposites. Games including Portland have finished under 76.5 percent of the time, while 62.5 percent of Philadelphia games have finished over. Both teams have decent straight up (SU) records (10-7 for Portland; 9-7 for Philadelphia), but the 76ers have the edge against the spread (ATS). Philadelphia is 12-4 ATS, while the Trail Blazers are 6-8-3.
This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. In the most recent game, the Trail Blazers won 114-108. Portland did an excellent job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (28-33; 84.8 percent). Philadelphia, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (13.5 vs. 15.6).
Portland Trail Blazers vs. Philadelphia 76ers Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – 76ers, ATS Winner – 76ers, O/U – Under
- The 76ers rank fifth in steals per game (8.5) while the Trail Blazers rank 23rd (6.9).
- Portland ranks second in rebounds allowed per game (40.0) while Philadelphia ranks 15th (43.5).
- Philadelphia ranks fifth in points in the paint per game (47.4) while Portland ranks 22nd (39.9).
- Philadelphia ranks 21st in points off turnovers per game (15.9) while Portland ranks 25th (14.8).
- Portland is 3-2-1 ATS on the road with 4 unders and 2 overs.
- At home, Philadelphia is 5-1 ATS with 3 overs and 3 unders.
- In games where they allow below 100 points, Philadelphia is 3-0 and Portland is 8-3.
- The Trail Blazers are 8-3 when they score above 100 points, while the 76ers are 8-5.
- The Trail Blazers average 5.5 blocks per game, which ranks eighth in the NBA. The 76ers rank 24th in blocks allowed per game (6.1).
- Philadelphia ranks second in assists per game (26.1) while Portland ranks last (18.1).
- The Trail Blazers rank second in three pointers allowed per game (25.3) while the 76ers rank 24th (31.6).
- The 76ers rank 19th in fast break points per game (8.8) while the Trail Blazers rank 27th (4.6).
- Portland ranks sixth in second chance points allowed per game (10.3) while Philadelphia ranks 28th (14.3).
- Philadelphia is 4-1 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Portland is 2-1-2 ATS with 5 unders.
- The 76ers have outscored opponents by an average of 0.4 points in their last five games. For the season, Philadelphia has scored an equal number of points as their opponents.
- During their last five games, the Trail Blazers have scored an average of 96.4 points per game (6.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 88.8 points per game (8.4 below their season average).