The Portland Trail Blazers (2-2), 1-point favorites, will be at Chesapeake Energy Arena to go head-to-head with the Oklahoma City Thunder (1-3) in a Northwest Division matchup. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 221.5 points and it can be seen on Fox SportsNet Oklahoma at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, October 30, 2019.
Portland Trail Blazers vs. Oklahoma City Thunder Betting Odds
Despite losing, both teams were able to cover in their last game. The Trail Blazers (6-point underdogs) were defeated by the San Antonio Spurs, 113-110, while the Thunder (10-point underdogs) fell to the Houston Rockets, 116-112. The Portland game hit the projected point total of 223, while the Oklahoma City game finished 1 point over the projected point total of 227.
Portland had a turnover percentage of 8.2 (better than their season average of 15.2) while Oklahoma City had an offensive rebounding percentage of 34.0 (above their season average of 17.5). Oklahoma City’s Shai Gilgeous-Alexander had a good outing, contributing 22 points and nine rebounds. Meanwhile, Damian Lillard played a pivotal role for Portland with 28 points, nine rebounds and seven assists.
The Thunder edged out the Trail Blazers in this series last year, taking five out of nine contests. In the most recent game, Portland won 118-115. Portland’s rebounding was their biggest strength. The Trail Blazers had 13 offensive rebounds and 45 total rebounds, while the Thunder had six and 39, respectively.
The Trail Blazers are 55-31 straight up (SU) and 48-35-7 against the spread (ATS) since last season. Portland games have had a slight tendency to finish under the O/U total since last season (54.4 percent).
Meanwhile, the Thunder, are 50-36 SU and 39-51-2 ATS since last season. Over that same stretch, games involving Oklahoma City have finished under the O/U total 56.5 percent of the time.
It will be a showdown of contrasting tempos as the fast-breaking Thunder will look to push the more methodical Trail Blazers. Dating back to the 2018-19 season, the Thunder rank third in possessions per game while the Trail Blazers are 14th.
Portland Trail Blazers vs. Oklahoma City Thunder Betting Pick
NBA Prediction: SU Winner – Trail Blazers, ATS Winner – Trail Blazers, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- The Trail Blazers rank fifth in assists allowed per game (23.4) while the Thunder rank 12th (24.2).
- Oklahoma City ranks first in steals per game (9.1) while Portland ranks 26th (6.7).
- The Trail Blazers average 47.5 rebounds per game, which ranks fourth in the NBA. The Thunder rank 18th in rebounds allowed per game (45.6).
- Oklahoma City ranks 11th in blocks per game (5.2) while Portland ranks 21st in blocks allowed per game (5.2).
- Portland ranks fourth in three pointers allowed per game (30.1) while Oklahoma City ranks 12th (31.8).
- The Thunder rank third in points off turnovers per game (18.7) while the Trail Blazers rank 27th (14.9).
- The Thunder average 17.7 fast break points per game, which ranks sixth in the league. The Trail Blazers rank 15th in fast break points allowed per game (13.8).
- Oklahoma City averages 51.0 points in the paint per game, which ranks seventh in the NBA. Portland ranks 11th in points allowed in the paint per game (47.4).
- Oklahoma City averages 15.2 second chance points per game, which ranks second in the NBA. Portland ranks 25th in second chance points allowed per game (14.1).
- Portland is 19-2 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Oklahoma City is 12-1.
- The Trail Blazers are 60-30 when they reach the century mark, while the Thunder are 47-28.