It figures to be a high-scoring affair as the Portland Trail Blazers (2-1), 4-point underdogs, travel to San Antonio to take on the Spurs (2-0). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 220 points and it will air on Fox Sports – Southwest at 8:30 p.m. ET on Monday, October 28, 2019.
Portland Trail Blazers vs. San Antonio Spurs Betting Odds
The Trail Blazers won a close one over the Dallas Mavericks in their last contest, 121-119, covering as 1-point favorites. The Spurs, on the other hand, beat the Washington Wizards,124-122, but failed to cover as 12-point favorites. Both games finished over their projected point totals. The Portland game went 12.5 points over the projected point total of 227.5, while the San Antonio game finished 26.5 points over the projected point total of 219.5.
Portland’s effective field goal percentage was their largest strength over Dallas. The Trail Blazers had a rate of 0.569, while the Mavericks posted a mark of 0.463. The Spurs, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (38.9 vs. 20.0) and had a better turnover percentage (7.2 vs. 10.5). Dejounte Murray led the way for San Antonio, recording 19 points and 10 rebounds. Meanwhile, CJ McCollum fueled Portland with 35 points and six rebounds.
This was a highly contested series last year, as the teams split their four games last season. The Spurs won the last contest 108-103. San Antonio did an excellent job of getting and making free throws (26-30; 86.7 percent). Portland, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (25.9 vs. 9.8).
The Trail Blazers have had records of 55-30 straight up (SU) and 46-35-7 against the spread (ATS) since last season. Portland games have gone under the projected point total 55.7 percent of the time since last season.
The Spurs, meanwhile, have records of 50-34 SU and 43-42-4 ATS since last season. Vegas has been fairly accurate when predicting totals of San Antonio games over that same period with 45 unders compared to 42 overs.
It might turn into a high-scoring affair as a pair of the NBA’s top offenses square off. Since last season, San Antonio ranks fourth with 111.5 points per 100 possessions and Portland is fifth (111.1). Additionally, the Trail Blazers, who rank second in offensive rebounding percentage (26.1 percent), will clash against the Spurs, who rank fourth in defensive rebounding percentage (79.3 percent).
Portland Trail Blazers vs. San Antonio Spurs Betting Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Trail Blazers, ATS Winner – Trail Blazers, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- The Spurs rank fourth in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.6) while the Trail Blazers rank ninth (15.4).
- Portland ranks fourth in second chance points per game (15.1) while San Antonio ranks 28th (11.6).
- The Trail Blazers rank 17th in three pointers attempted per game (30.9) while the Spurs rank last (24.8).
- Portland ranks 17th in points in the paint per game (48.4) while San Antonio ranks 26th (43.8).
- Portland ranks 25th in steals per game (6.7) while San Antonio ranks last (6.0).
- The Spurs rank fourth in blocks allowed per game (4.0) while the Trail Blazers rank 19th (5.2).
- The Spurs rank 17th in assists per game (24.3) while the Trail Blazers rank 26th (22.3).
- Portland ranks 24th in fast break points per game (11.0) while San Antonio ranks 27th (10.5).
- Portland ranks fourth in rebounds per game (47.5) while San Antonio ranks 19th (44.9).
- When allowing below 100 points, Portland is 19-2 and San Antonio is 17-4.
- In games where they score more than 100 points, the Trail Blazers are 60-29 and the Spurs are 52-24.