The Portland Trail Blazers (2-1), 6-point underdogs, will travel to Chesapeake Energy Arena to go head-to-head against the Oklahoma City Thunder (1-2) in game four of the First Round of the Western Conference Playoffs. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 223.5 points and it can be seen on TNT at 9:30 p.m. ET on Sunday, April 21, 2019.
Portland Trail Blazers vs. Oklahoma City Thunder Betting Odds
In game three, Westbrook led the Thunder to a 120-108 win. He notched a double-double with 33 points and 11 assists. Oklahoma City covered as a 7-point favorite and the two teams combined to score 228 points, which was over the projected point total of 221.5. Getting to the charity stripe was one of Oklahoma City’s biggest advantages. They made 39 trips to the line, while Portland went 24 times.
Vegas has typically been fairly accurate when predicting totals of Trail Blazers games, with 44 overs compared to 40 unders. Portland holds records of 55-30 straight up (SU) and 47-38 against the spread (ATS).
In opposition of Portland, just over half of Thunder games have finished under the projected point total. Additionally, Oklahoma City owns records of 50-35 SU and 43-42 ATS.
This game should be a battle of conflicting tempos. Oklahoma City has preferred a fast-paced style of play (third in possessions per game), while Portland has been slower-paced (14th in possessions per game).
Portland Trail Blazers at Oklahoma City Thunder Odds Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Trail Blazers, ATS Winner – Trail Blazers, O/U – Under
- The Thunder rank 11th in blocks per game (5.2) while the Trail Blazers rank 17th in blocks allowed per game (5.1).
- Oklahoma City ranks second in points off turnovers per game (19.1) while Portland ranks 26th (15.0).
- The Thunder rank fifth in fast break points per game (18.1) while the Trail Blazers rank 23rd (11.1).
- Portland ranks third in rebounds allowed per game (42.9) while Oklahoma City ranks 18th (45.6).
- Portland ranks third in three pointers allowed per game (29.8) while Oklahoma City ranks 12th (31.5).
- The Thunder rank first in steals per game (9.3) while the Trail Blazers rank 24th (6.7).
- The Trail Blazers rank fourth in assists allowed per game (23.2) while the Thunder rank 17th (24.6).
- Oklahoma City averages 51.7 points in the paint per game, which ranks sixth in the league. Portland ranks 12th in points allowed in the paint per game (47.8).
- Oklahoma City ranks first in second chance points per game (15.5) while Portland ranks 19th in second chance points allowed per game (13.8).
- In games where they hold opponents under 100 points, Portland is 16-2 and Oklahoma City is 11-0.
- When reaching the century mark, the Thunder are 46-26 and the Trail Blazers are 53-24.
- Oklahoma City is 22-20 ATS at home, while Portland is 21-21 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone under in 21 of the Trail Blazers’ 42 road games, while 22 of the Thunder’s 42 home games have gone over.
- In their last five games, Portland and Oklahoma City are both 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Trail Blazers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.2, matching their season average.
- During their last five games, the Thunder have scored an average of 110.4 points per game (3.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 110.6 points per game (0.4 below their season average).