The New York Knicks (4-13) welcome the Portland Trail Blazers (11-5) to Madison Square Garden. The Knicks are 7.5-point underdogs and will attempt to snap their five-game losing streak. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 221.5 points and it can be seen on NBATV at 7:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 20, 2018.
Portland Trail Blazers vs. New York Knicks ATS Odds
The Trail Blazers were victorious over the Washington Wizards in their last matchup, 119-109, despite being 1-point underdogs. The Knicks, meanwhile, were defeated by the Orlando Magic, 131-117, and were unable to cover as 5-point underdogs. Both games finished over their projected point totals. The Portland game finished 7.5 points over the projected point total of 220.5, while the New York game finished 29 points over the projected point total of 219.
Portland dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.349 (above their season average of 0.219) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.9 (below their season average of 26.5). Washington was 0.104 and 17.3, respectively, for those same stats. New York, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 37.8 (above their season average of 25.8). New York’s Enes Kanter had a good outing, recording 21 points and 19 rebounds. Portland, meanwhile, rallied around Damian Lillard, who finished with 40 points, six rebounds and five assists.
The Trail Blazers dominated this series last year, taking both contests. In the most recent matchup, Portland won 111-87. Converting at the free throw line was one of Portland’s largest advantages. They were 21-24 (87.5 percent), while the Knicks were just 10-15 (66.7 percent). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Vegas has been spot on when predicting totals of Trail Blazers games, with an even split between overs and unders. Portland heads into the game with records of 11-5 straight up (SU) and 11-5 against the spread (ATS).
Knicks games have a slight tendency to go over the O/U total (52.9 percent). Further, New York owns records of 4-13 SU and 8-8-1 ATS.
Jusuf Nurkic has taken his game to another level as of late for Portland, averaging 16 points,12.0 rebounds,1.8 blocks over the last five games.
New York might struggle to find the bottom of the net as they square off against one of the league’s best defenses. Portland ranks eighth in defensive efficiency while the Knicks rank 27th in offensive efficiency. Also, the Trail Blazers, who rank fifth in offensive rebounding percentage (26.2 percent), will try to take advantage of the Knicks, who rank 24th in defensive rebounding percentage (75.0 percent).
Portland Trail Blazers vs. New York Knicks ATS Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Trail Blazers, ATS Winner – Trail Blazers, O/U – Over
- The Knicks rank 25 in fast break points per game (11.117647058823529) while the Trail Blazers rank 26 (11.0625).
- Portland ranks second in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.8) while New York ranks 23rd (18.6).
- The Knicks average 16.5 second chance points per game, which ranks third in the NBA. The Trail Blazers rank 18th in second chance points allowed per game (13.5).
- Portland ranks 15th in points allowed in the paint per game (48.3) while New York ranks 27th (52.7).
- Portland ranks 25 in assists per game (20.6875) while New York ranks 28 (18.352941176470587).
- The Trail Blazers rank first in rebounds per game (51.6) while the Knicks rank 19th in rebounds allowed per game (45.8).
- The Trail Blazers rank 15 in three pointers attempted per game (31.8125) while the Knicks rank 20 in three pointers allowed per game (32.35294117647059).
- New York ranks 12th in steals per game (7.8) while Portland ranks 27th (5.9).
- Portland is 4-0 when they allow under 100 points, while New York is 1-0.
- The Trail Blazers are 11-4 when they score over 100 points, while the Knicks are 4-10.
- Portland is 4-3 ATS on the road, while New York is 3-3-1 ATS at home.
- The total has gone over in 4 of the Trail Blazers’ 7 road games, while 4 of the Knicks’ 7 home games have gone under.
- The Trail Blazers are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Knicks are 1-4.
- In their last five games, Portland has 3 unders and 2 overs, while New York has 4 overs and 1 under.
- During their last five games, the Trail Blazers have scored an average of 109.6 points per game (5.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 109.2 points per game (1.3 above their season average).
- The Knicks’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 17.2, up from 6.9 for the season.