The Portland Trail Blazers (3-4) will travel to the Staples Center to take on the Los Angeles Clippers (5-3). The Trail Blazers opened as 5.5-point underdogs. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 225.5 points and it is scheduled to start at 10:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, November 7, 2019.
Portland Trail Blazers at Los Angeles Clippers ATS Odds
In their last game, the Clippers (4.5-point favorites) were defeated by the Milwaukee Bucks, 129-124, while the Trail Blazers (11.5-point favorites) fell to the Golden State Warriors, 127-118. Both games went over their projected point totals. The Los Angeles game went 40 points over the projected point total of 213, while the Portland game went 25 points over the projected point total of 220.
Portland had a turnover percentage of 5.1 (better than their season average of 14.2) while Los Angeles did a fantastic job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (29-36; 80.6 percent). Los Angeles’ Montrezl Harrell played well, contributing 34 points, 13 rebounds and five assists. Damian Lillard, meanwhile was a key piece for Portland with 39 points.
The Trail Blazers edged out the Clippers in this series last year, taking three out of four games. In the most recent game, Portland won 125-104. Portland’s 0.552 effective field goal percentage was its largest advantage over Los Angeles, who had a mark of 0.447.
Trail Blazers games have typically finished over the O/U total (57.1 percent). Portland heads into the game with records of 3-4 straight up (SU) and 4-3 against the spread (ATS).
Unlike Portland, games involving the Clippers have typically gone under the O/U total (71.4 percent). Moreover, Los Angeles is 5-3 SU and 4-3 ATS.
The high-powered offense of Los Angeles will face off against the mid-tier defense of Portland. Dating back to last season, the Clippers rank seventh in offensive efficiency, while the Trail Blazers are 19th in defensive efficiency. The Clippers figure to have the edge on that end of the court. Furthermore, the Trail Blazers, who rank second in offensive rebounding percentage (25.8 percent), will go head-to-head against the Clippers, who rank 25th in defensive rebounding percentage (76.2 percent).
Portland Trail Blazers vs. Los Angeles Clippers Betting Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Clippers, ATS Winner – Trail Blazers, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- The Clippers average 14.5 fast break points per game, which ranks 11th in the NBA. The Trail Blazers rank 16th in fast break points allowed per game (13.8).
- Portland ranks ninth in points off turnovers allowed per game (15.4) while Los Angeles ranks 26th (17.8).
- The Trail Blazers average 47.4 rebounds per game, which ranks fourth in the NBA. The Clippers rank 17th in rebounds allowed per game (45.6).
- Portland ranks 16th in three pointers attempted per game (31.1) while Los Angeles ranks 28th (26.5).
- Los Angeles ranks 22nd in steals per game (6.9) while Portland ranks 27th (6.7).
- The Trail Blazers rank 15th in blocks per game (5.1) while the Clippers rank 29th in blocks allowed per game (6.1).
- The Clippers rank 20th in assists per game (23.9) while the Trail Blazers rank 26th (22.2).
- Portland ranks 18th in points in the paint per game (48.2) while Los Angeles ranks 21st in points allowed in the paint per game (50.0).
- Los Angeles ranks 13th in second chance points per game (13.4) while Portland ranks 26th in second chance points allowed per game (14.2).
- When allowing less than 100 points, Portland is 20-2 and Los Angeles is 10-1.
- The Clippers are 55-31 when they reach the century mark, while the Trail Blazers are 61-32.