An eight-game home winning streak hangs in the balance for the Los Angeles Clippers (15-6), who will be 9-point favorites when they square off with the Portland Trail Blazers (8-12) at Staples Center. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 229 points and action gets underway at 10 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 3, 2019.
Portland Trail Blazers at Los Angeles Clippers Betting Odds
The last time the Clippers played, they easily got past the Washington Wizards, 150-125, comfortably covering as 12.5-point favorites. The Trail Blazers, meanwhile, defeated the Chicago Bulls, 107-103, but were unable to cover as 7-point favorites. The Los Angeles game finished 35 points over the projected point total of 240, while the Portland game went 17 points under the projected point total of 227.
The Trail Blazers made 21 of their 28 free throws (75.0 percent) and had a better effective field goal percentage (0.512 vs. 0.457). Meanwhile, Los Angeles played a nearly flawless game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.340 (above their season average of 0.226) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.628 (above their season average of 0.519). Washington was 0.196 and 0.515, respectively, for those same stats. Los Angeles was led by Montrezl Harrell, who contributed 23 points and 15 rebounds. Carmelo Anthony, meanwhile had a solid performance for Portland, recording 23 points and 11 rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Kawhi Leonard led the Clippers to a 107-101 victory. He recorded a double-double with 27 points and 13 rebounds. The two teams combined for 208 points, which was well under the projected point total of 230.5, and Los Angeles covered as a 6-point favorite. Los Angeles did a great job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (25-30; 83.3 percent). Portland, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (10.5 vs. 14.3).
Trail Blazers games have gone over the total 50.0 percent of the time. Portland comes into the game with records of 8-12 straight up (SU) and 9-10-1 against the spread (ATS).
Games including the Clippers have typically gone under the projected point total (57.1 percent). Further, Los Angeles is 15-6 SU and 10-10-1 ATS.
The Trail Blazers’ CJ McCollum has been playing at a high level over his last five games, averaging 24 points,5.4 assists,1.6 blocks per game. Meanwhile, Harrell has averaged 20 points,8.6 rebounds,1.2 blocks during that same time frame for the Clippers.
Look for Los Angeles to own the offensive glass in this contest. The Clippers rank second in offensive rebounding percentage (25.5 percent), while Portland ranks 24th in defensive rebounding percentage (75.5 percent).
Portland Trail Blazers at Los Angeles Clippers Betting Pick
Free NBA Pick: SU Winner – Clippers, ATS Winner – Clippers, O/U – Under
- The Clippers rank 18th in assists per game (23.4) while the Trail Blazers rank 27th (19.9).
- Los Angeles ranks first in second chance points per game (15.8). Portland ranks 29th in second chance points allowed per game (15.9).
- The Clippers rank eighth in points off turnovers per game (18.3) while the Trail Blazers rank last (13.8).
- Los Angeles ranks 16th in steals per game (7.6) while Portland ranks 29th (5.9).
- Los Angeles averages 15.7 fast break points per game, which ranks fifth in the league. Portland ranks 17th in fast break points allowed per game (13.4).
- The Clippers rank second in rebounds per game (49.0) while the Trail Blazers rank 28th in rebounds allowed per game (48.5).
- The Clippers rank eighth in blocks per game (5.6) while the Trail Blazers rank 20th in blocks allowed per game (5.5).
- Portland ranks 14th in three pointers attempted per game (33.8) while Los Angeles ranks 21st in three pointers allowed per game (35.2).
- Los Angeles ranks sixth in points in the paint per game (50.1) while Portland ranks 28th (42.9).
- When allowing under 100 points, Los Angeles is 6-0 and Portland is 2-0.
- The Trail Blazers are 8-11 when they reach 100 points, while the Clippers are 13-3.
- Los Angeles is 8-4-1 ATS at home, while Portland is 7-5-1 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone over in 6 of the Trail Blazers’ 13 road games, while 8 of the Clippers’ 13 home games have gone under.
- In their last five games, Portland and Los Angeles are both 3-2 ATS.
- The Trail Blazers have 3 unders and 2 overs over their last five games, while the Clippers have 3 overs and 2 unders
- During their last five games, the Trail Blazers have scored an average of 118.6 points per game (5.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 112.6 points per game (2.0 below their season average).
- The Clippers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 11.4, up from 7.1 for the season.