The Portland Trail Blazers (26-33) will travel to Bankers Life Fieldhouse to meet the Indiana Pacers (34-24). The Trail Blazers opened as 10-point underdogs. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 219 points and it will air on TNT at 8 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 27, 2020.
Portland Trail Blazers at Indiana Pacers Betting Odds
The Pacers will look to maintain momentum after comfortably covering the 11.5-point spread against the Charlotte Hornets in their last matchup, 119-80. The Trail Blazers, meanwhile, were defeated by the Boston Celtics, 118-106, and were not able to cover as 7-point underdogs. The Indiana game finished 10 points under the projected point total of 209, while the Portland game went 1.5 points over the projected point total of 222.5.
Indiana played a nearly flawless game. They had a fantastic effective field goal percentage of 0.628 (above their season average of 0.531) and a free throw rate of 0.128 (below their season average of 0.170). For those same stats, Charlotte had marks of 0.383 and 0.085, respectively. Portland, meanwhile, did a fantastic job of converting from the free throw line (17-23; 73.9 percent). Domantas Sabonis had a good performance for Indiana with 21 points, 15 rebounds and nine assists. Portland, meanwhile, was led by CJ McCollum, who recorded 28 points and 10 assists.
In their first matchup this year, Damian Lillard led the Trail Blazers to a 139-129 victory. He notched a double-double with 50 points and 13 assists. The two teams combined to score 268 points, which was well over the projected point total of 220, and Portland covered as a 2-point favorite. Portland out-rebounded Indiana. The Trail Blazers had more offensive rebounds (12 vs. 6), defensive rebounds (31 vs. 25) and total rebounds (43 vs. 31).
Of the Trail Blazers’ 59 games, 32 have finished over the total. Portland holds records of 26-33 straight up (SU) and 23-34-2 against the spread (ATS).
Of the Pacers’ 58 games, 30 have finished over the projected point total. Further, Indiana is 34-24 SU and 30-26-2 ATS.
Indiana should be expected to protect the ball well in this contest. Indiana ranks fifth in the NBA at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 12.3 percent), while Portland forces the second-fewest turnovers (11.8 percent).
Trail Blazers at Pacers Free Pick
NBA Tip: SU Winner – Trail Blazers, ATS Winner – Trail Blazers, O/U – Under
- The Trail Blazers rank third in blocks per game (6.3) while the Pacers rank 12th (5.1).
- Indiana ranks fifth in assists per game (26.2) while Portland ranks last (20.1).
- The Trail Blazers rank 13th in three pointers attempted per game (33.9) while the Pacers rank last (27.8).
- Indiana ranks 13th in fast break points allowed per game (12.9) while Portland ranks 26th (15.1).
- Indiana ranks 19th in second chance points allowed per game (13.4) while Portland ranks last (15.7).
- The Pacers rank eighth in points in the paint per game (49.0) while the Trail Blazers rank 26th (43.9).
- The Pacers rank 16th in points off turnovers per game (16.7) while the Trail Blazers rank 28th (13.9).
- Indiana ranks 21st in steals per game (7.1) while Portland ranks 27th (5.9).
- Indiana ranks 12th in rebounds allowed per game (44.9) while Portland ranks last (47.9).
- Portland is 4-0 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Indiana is 11-2.
- The Pacers are 34-15 when they reach 100 points, while the Trail Blazers are 26-26.
- Portland is 12-17-1 ATS on the road, while Indiana is 14-14-2 ATS at home.
- The total has gone under in 15 of the Trail Blazers’ 30 road games, while 16 of the Pacers’ 30 home games have gone over.
- The Pacers are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Trail Blazers are 0-5.
- In their last five games, Indiana has 4 unders and 1 over, while Portland has 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Pacers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 1.4, down from 2.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Trail Blazers have scored an average of 109.8 points per game (3.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 119.8 points per game (4.5 above their season average).