The Idaho State Bengals (6-19, 3-13 BigSky) close out their home schedule at Holt Arena against the Portland State Vikings (14-14, 8-8 BigSky). Action gets underway at 9 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 27, 2020.
Portland State Vikings at Idaho State Bengals ATS Odds
In their last outing, the Bengals were beaten by the Northern Colorado Bears, 85-72, while the Vikings were victorious over the Montana State Bobcats, 87-77.
Portland State played a nearly perfect game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.357 (above their season average of 0.218) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.598 (above their season average of 0.492). For those same stats, Montana State put up marks of 0.233 and 0.525, respectively. Idaho State, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of converting from the free throw line (19-24; 79.2 percent). Idaho State received a boost from Chidi Udengwu, who finished with 14 points and eight rebounds. Sal Nuhu, meanwhile had a solid performance for Portland State, contributing 12 points and 11 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Markus Golder led the Vikings to an 82-76 win. He put up 18 points. The Vikings’ turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over the Bengals. Portland State had a rate of 11.6, while Idaho State posted a mark of 20.6.
This has potential to be a sloppy game for the offense of Idaho State. Idaho State ranks 279th in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 20.6 percent), while the ball-hawking defense of Portland State forces the 87th-most turnovers in the country (20.9 percent). Additionally, the 54th-ranked offense of the Vikings (offensive efficiency of 108.6) will try to exploit the 316th-ranked defense of the Bengals (defensive efficiency of 106.4).
Portland State Vikings at Idaho State Bengals Free Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Portland State, ATS Winner – Portland State, O/U – Over
- Portland State ranks 14th in steals per game (8.8) while Idaho State ranks 245th (4.6).
- The Vikings rank 44th in blocks per game (4.3) while the Bengals rank 185th (2.4).
- Idaho State allows the fifth-fewest three pointers per game (15.5) while Portland State ranks 34th (18.5).
- The Bengals rank 76th in assists allowed per game (11.7) while the Vikings rank 258th (15.8).
- Portland State ranks 101st in rebounds per game (36.9) while Idaho State ranks 249th (33.0).
- The Bengals’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 7.4, up from 3.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Vikings have scored an average of 79.6 points per game (1.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 78.2 points per game (2.7 above their season average).