It will be a matchup between two phenomenal offenses when the Pepperdine Waves (5-6) go head-to-head against the Portland State Vikings (5-5) at Firestone Fieldhouse. The game is scheduled to start at 10 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 17, 2019.
Portland State Vikings vs. Pepperdine Waves ATS Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Waves beat the Central Arkansas Bears 92-79, while the Vikings won big over the Portland Bible Wildcats 101-48.
Portland State played a perfect game. They had a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 55.0 (above their season average of 39.7) and a free throw rate of 0.127 (matching their season average). For those same stats, Portland Bible put up marks of 17.5 and 0.065, respectively. Pepperdine, on the other hand, dominated every stat category in their game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.358 (above their season average of 0.274) and a turnover percentage of 13.2 (better than their season average of 16.5). Central Arkansas put up marks of 0.242 and 15.8, respectively, for those same stats. Kessler Edwards had a good game for Pepperdine with 30 points and 12 rebounds. Ian Burke had a solid performance for Portland State, recording 23 points and five assists.
The physical Pepperdine offense might be getting to the foul line a lot in this contest. The Waves rank 31st in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.282, while Portland State ranks 319th in FTA rate allowed (0.217). Also, the Vikings, who rank third in offensive rebounding percentage (41.1 percent), will try to take advantage of the Waves, who rank 302nd in defensive rebounding percentage (67.9 percent).
Portland State Vikings vs. Pepperdine Waves Betting Pick
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Pepperdine, ATS Winner – Pepperdine, O/U – Over
- Portland State ranks 30th in rebounds per game (40.1) while Pepperdine ranks 230th (32.5).
- The Waves rank 29th in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while the Vikings rank 105th (3.5).
- Portland State ranks 48th in three pointers allowed per game (18.0) while Pepperdine ranks 66th (20.2).
- The Waves rank 50th in assists per game (15.3) while the Vikings rank 208th in assists allowed per game (17.6).
- Portland State ranks 36th in steals per game (9.7) while Pepperdine ranks 131st in steals allowed per game (6.9).
- During their last five games, the Waves have scored an average of 80.4 points per game (1.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 79.0 points per game (0.5 below their season average).
- The Vikings’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 10.6, up from 6.7 for the season.