A five-game home winning streak is on the line for the Montana Grizzlies (8-8, 4-1 BigSky) when they square off with the Portland State Vikings (8-9, 2-3 BigSky) at Dahlberg Arena. Action gets underway at 9 p.m. ET on Monday, January 13, 2020.
Portland State Vikings at Montana Grizzlies ATS Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Grizzlies easily got past the Eastern Washington Eagles 90-63, while the Vikings edged the Montana State Bobcats 77-76.
The Vikings had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (35.3 vs. 28.1) and had a better turnover percentage (13.8 vs. 15.8). The Grizzlies, on the other hand, had a solid effective field goal percentage of 0.593 (above their season average of 0.470) and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 29.6 (above their season average of 22.6). Montana’s Derrick Carter-Hollinger played well, contributing 20 points and 14 rebounds. Portland State, meanwhile, received a boost from Holland Woods, who finished with 30 points, six rebounds and six assists.
The Vikings dominated this series last year, winning both contests. In the most recent matchup, Portland State won 81-69. One of Portland State’s biggest strengths was getting to the free throw line. They made 28 trips to the line, while Montana went just 12 times. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Portland State should have an edge on the offensive glass in this meeting. The Vikings currently rank ninth in offensive rebounding percentage (37.5 percent), while Montana ranks 130th in defensive rebounding percentage (73.3 percent).
Portland State vs. Montana Betting Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Montana, ATS Winner – Portland State, O/U – Under
- Portland State ranks 59th in rebounds per game (38.6) while Montana ranks 233rd (32.9).
- The Vikings rank 184th in three pointers attempted per game (20.8) while the Grizzlies rank 291st (15.6).
- Montana blocks 3.6 opponent shots per game, which ranks 86th in the country. Portland State ranks 102nd in blocks allowed per game (3.6).
- The Grizzlies rank 70th in assists allowed per game (11.5) while the Vikings rank 229th (16.0).
- Portland State ranks 17th in steals allowed per game (5.0) while Montana ranks 133rd (7.0).
- The Grizzlies have outscored opponents by an average of 6.0 points in their last five games. For the season, Montana has lost by an average of 1.6 points.
- During their last five games, the Vikings have scored an average of 71.4 points per game (6.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 73.4 points per game (0.5 below their season average).