The Santa Clara Broncos (18-12, 5-10 WCC) welcome the Portland Pilots (9-21, 1-14 WCC) to Leavey Center as the regular season comes to a conclusion. Action gets underway at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 29, 2020.
Portland Pilots at Santa Clara Broncos Betting Odds
Both teams lost in their last game. The Broncos fell to the Saint Mary’s Gaels, 78-72, while the Pilots were defeated by the San Francisco Dons, 81-65.
Portland did a fantastic job of making free throws (11-13; 84.6 percent) while Santa Clara held Saint Mary’s to an offensive rebounding percentage of 7.1 (below their season average of 26.6). Santa Clara was led by Tahj Eaddy, who finished with 20 points and five assists. Meanwhile, Tahirou Diabate had a solid performance for Portland, contributing 17 points and seven rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Keshawn Justice led the Broncos to an 85-61 victory. He was the game’s top overall scorer with 17 points. Santa Clara’s free throw rate was their biggest strength over Portland. The Broncos had a rate of 0.186, while the Pilots posted a mark of 0.113.
When considering effective field goal percentage, Santa Clara should have a significant edge. The sweet-shooting Broncos offense ranks 42nd in the NCAA in that metric at 0.531, while the Portland defense is ranked 227th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.501).
Portland Pilots at Santa Clara Broncos Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Santa Clara, ATS Winner – Santa Clara, O/U – Over
- Santa Clara averages 15.7 assists per game, which ranks 20th in the NCAA. Portland ranks 263rd in assists allowed per game (15.7).
- The Broncos rank 177th in rebounds allowed per game (35.8) while the Pilots rank 251st (38.0).
- Portland ranks 49th in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while Santa Clara ranks 62nd (2.9).
- The Broncos rank 44th in three pointers allowed per game (18.8) while the Pilots rank 252nd (24.4).
- Santa Clara averages 6.8 steals per game, which ranks 100th in the nation. Portland ranks 182nd in steals allowed per game (7.1).
- During their last five games, the Pilots have scored an average of 63.6 points per game (2.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 75.2 points per game (3.2 above their season average).
- The Broncos have been outscored by an average of 8.8 points in their last five games. On the season, Santa Clara has defeated opponents by an average of 4.0 points.