The Portland Pilots (7-13, 0-5 WCC) visit War Memorial Gymnasium to challenge the San Francisco Dons (16-3, 4-1 WCC). The Pilots will try to put an end to their six-game losing streak. The game is scheduled to start at 10 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 24, 2019.
Portland Pilots vs. San Francisco Dons Betting Odds
In their last game, the Dons easily got past the BYU Cougars, 82-63, while the Pilots lost big to the fifth-ranked Gonzaga Bulldogs, 89-66.
The Dons held the Cougars to an offensive rebounding percentage of 15.6 (below their season average of 24.6) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.718 (above their season average of 0.532). Portland, on the other hand, had a free throw rate of 0.326 (above their season average of 0.271). Frankie Ferrari played a pivotal role for San Francisco with 21 points and seven assists. Meanwhile, Portland received a boost from Marcus Shaver Jr., who contributed 18 points.
The Dons dominated this series last year, taking both games. In the last game, San Francisco won 65-63. San Francisco had a much better turnover percentage (13.3 vs. 19.9). Portland, meanwhile, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.510 vs. 0.439). This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
The high-octane offense of San Francisco will battle against the porous defense of Portland. The Dons currently rank 28th in offensive efficiency, while the Pilots are 294th in defensive efficiency. The Dons figure to have the advantage on that side of the ball. Furthermore, put-back points could be few and far between for the Pilots. They rank 344th in the nation in offensive rebounding percentage at 21.0 percent, while the Dons are 19th-best on the defensive glass (defensive rebounding percentage of 76.4 percent).
Portland Pilots at San Francisco Dons Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – San Francisco, ATS Winner – Portland, O/U – Over
- San Francisco averages 39.2 rebounds per game, which ranks 39th in the NCAA. Portland ranks 248th in rebounds allowed per game (38.5).
- The Dons rank 13th in steals allowed per game (4.8) while the Pilots rank 72nd (5.8).
- Portland averages 4.0 blocks per game, which is ranked 66th in the nation. San Francisco ranks 97th in blocks allowed per game (3.4).
- The Dons rank 13th in assists allowed per game (10.1) while the Pilots rank 221st (15.5).
- San Francisco ranks 40th in three pointers allowed per game (19.5) while Portland ranks 199th (24.0).
- During their last five games, the Pilots have scored an average of 59.6 points per game (8.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 77.0 points per game (2.1 above their season average).
- The Dons’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.8, down from 13.6 for the season.