The San Francisco Dons (18-11, 7-7 WCC) wrap up their home schedule at War Memorial Gymnasium against the Portland Pilots (9-20, 1-13 WCC). The game gets underway at 10 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 27, 2020.
Portland Pilots at San Francisco Dons Betting Odds
In their last contest, the Dons edged the Pepperdine Waves, 63-61, while the Pilots were beaten by the Loyola Marymount Lions, 66-58.
The Dons were 9-12 from the foul line (75.0 percent) and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 35.4 (above their season average of 29.4). Portland, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 12.2 (better than their season average of 18.1). San Francisco’s Charles Minlend had a solid performance, recording 19 points and 12 rebounds. Meanwhile, Portland was led by Tahirou Diabate, who finished with 11 points and six rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, JoJo Walker led the Pilots to a 76-65 win. He recorded 19 points, six assists and five rebounds. Portland’s 0.373 free throw rate was their largest advantage over San Francisco, who had a rate of 0.102.
San Francisco may have trouble getting to the charity stripe in this battle. The Dons rank 226th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.213, while Portland ranks 64th in FTA rate allowed (0.190). Additionally, put-back points could be rare for the Pilots. They rank 345th in the nation in offensive rebounding percentage at 20.9 percent, while the Dons are 22nd-best on the defensive glass (defensive rebounding percentage of 76.7 percent).
Portland vs. San Francisco Free Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – San Francisco, ATS Winner – San Francisco, O/U – Under
- San Francisco ranks ninth in three pointers allowed per game (16.4) while Portland ranks 244th (24.1).
- The Dons average 7.0 steals per game, which ranks 86th in the country. The Pilots rank 172nd in steals allowed per game (6.9).
- Portland ranks 45th in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while San Francisco ranks 85th (3.1).
- The Dons rank 44th in assists allowed per game (10.8) while the Pilots rank 254th (15.5).
- San Francisco ranks 105th in rebounds per game (36.7) while Portland ranks 278th (31.9).
- During their last five games, the Pilots have scored an average of 61.4 points per game (5.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 76.0 points per game (4.3 above their season average).
- The Dons have been outscored by an average of 6.4 points in their last five games. For the season, San Francisco has defeated opponents by an average of 5.0 points.