The Portland Pilots (1-1) square off against the North Texas Mean Green (2-0) at Stan Sheriff Center. Action gets underway at 10:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 10, 2018.
Portland Pilots vs. North Texas Mean Green Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Mean Green easily got past the Humboldt State Lumberjacks, 93-48, while the Pilots got blown out by the Hawaii Rainbow Warriors, 82-64.
North Texas dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a ridiculous effective field goal percentage of 0.648 and a turnover percentage of 15.4. For those same stats, Humboldt State put up marks of 0.333 and 25.6, respectively. Portland, on the other hand, did a terrific job of getting and making free throws (25-34; 73.5 percent). Umoja Gibson had a solid outing for North Texas with 27 points and five assists. Meanwhile, Portland received a boost from Marcus Shaver Jr. who recorded 19 points.
The offensive glass could be a major advantage for North Texas in this matchup. Dating back to the 2017-18 season, the Mean Green rank 95th in offensive rebounding percentage (31.4 percent), while Portland ranks 251st in defensive rebounding percentage (70.0 percent).
Portland Pilots vs. North Texas Mean Green Betting Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Portland, ATS Winner – Portland, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- North Texas ranks 50th in rebounds per game (38.4) while Portland ranks 302nd (32.1).
- The Pilots rank 43rd in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while the Mean Green rank 207th (4.0).
- North Texas ranks 219th in steals per game (5.4) while Portland ranks 237th (5.2).
- The Mean Green rank 25th in assists allowed per game (11.0) while the Pilots rank 277th (15.5).
- North Texas ranks 121st in three pointers allowed per game (21.0) while Portland ranks 301st (25.7).