The Portland Pilots (9-17, 1-10 WCC) head to Spanos Center to take on the Pacific Tigers (19-8, 7-4 WCC). The Pilots will try to snap their nine-game losing streak. The game is scheduled to start at 10 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 13, 2020.
Portland Pilots vs. Pacific Tigers Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Tigers barely escaped the Pepperdine Waves, 79-78, while the Pilots were beaten by the San Diego Toreros, 88-81.
Pacific played a nearly perfect game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 31.3 (below their season average of 33.6) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.543 (above their season average of 0.499). Pepperdine was 24.2 and 0.525, respectively, for those same stats. Portland, on the other hand, held San Diego to an offensive rebounding percentage of 23.7 (below the 30.6 mark opponents have averaged against Portland this season). Pacific rallied around Jahlil Tripp, who had 24 points and 15 rebounds. Meanwhile, Theo Akwuba had a good outing for Portland, finishing with 10 points and 11 rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Tripp led the Tigers to a 65-55 win. He recorded a double-double with 15 points and 14 rebounds. Pacific’s effective field goal percentage was its largest strength over Portland. The Tigers had a rate of 0.451 while the Pilots posted a mark of 0.343.
Pacific could own the offensive glass in this contest. The Tigers rank 33rd in offensive rebounding percentage (33.6 percent), while Portland ranks 285th in defensive rebounding percentage (69.6 percent).
Portland Pilots vs. Pacific Tigers ATS Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Pacific, ATS Winner – Portland, O/U – Under
- Pacific ranks fourth in assists allowed per game (8.9) while Portland ranks 251st (16.0).
- The Tigers rank 47th in steals allowed per game (5.6) while the Pilots rank 152nd (6.8).
- Pacific allows the 27th-fewest blocks per game (2.5) while Portland ranks 47th (2.7).
- The Tigers rank third in rebounds allowed per game (28.4) while the Pilots rank 242nd (37.7).
- Pacific ranks 75th in three pointers allowed per game (19.8) while Portland ranks 263rd (24.9).
- During their last five games, the Pilots have scored an average of 65.8 points per game (1.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 84.8 points per game (12.8 above their season average).
- The Tigers have scored an equal number of points as their opponents. On the season, Pacific has defeated opponents by an average of 5.6 points.