The Pittsburgh Penguins, led by Jake Guentzel and Evgeni Malkin, are prepared to take the ice against David Perron, Brayden Schenn, and the St. Louis Blues at the Enterprise Center for an East-West showdown. AT&T SportsNet Pittsburgh will broadcast the game, which gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 30.
Pittsburgh Penguins vs. St. Louis Blues Odds
This matchup’s moneyline and Over/Under odds have not been posted by oddsmakers yet.
St. Louis is 16-11 straight-up (SU) and has earned 0.9 units for moneyline bettors this season. That winning percentage, the third-best in the Central Division in this young season, isn’t too far off from to the 45-37 record the team managed during last year’s regular season campaign. Through 27 regular season matches, 15 of its games have gone under the total, while 11 have gone over and none have pushed. The team is 7-6 SU at home this season.
The Blues have converted on 25.0 percent of their power play chances this year, a figure that’s good enough for fifth-best in the league. On the other hand, their penalty kill is ranked sixth overall, and they’ve successfully killed off 84.6 percent of all penalties.
Averaging 28.6 saves per game with a .925 save percentage, Jordan Binnington (12 wins, eight losses, and four OT losses) has been the primary goalkeeper for the Blue Notes this year. If St. Louis chooses to give him the night off, however, the team could turn to Jake Allen (4-3-3 record, .914 save percentage, 2.68 goals against average).
Pittsburgh has lost 0.3 units for bettors taking the moneyline this year and is currently 14-12 straight up (SU). A total of 13 of its matches have gone under the total, while 11 have gone over and just one has pushed. The Penguins are 4-7 SU as the road team this season.
The Penguins have converted on just 17.1 percent of their power play opportunities this year, a mark that’s ranked 23rd in the NHL. On the other hand, its penalty kill unit is ranked 16th overall and it’s successfully killed off 82.4 percent of all penalties.
Matt Murray (24.1 saves per game) has been the main option in goal for Pittsburgh. Murray has 10 wins, nine losses, and four overtime losses to his credit, while registering a .901 save percentage and 2.72 goals against average this year.
Pittsburgh Penguins at St. Louis Blues Free Picks
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Penguins, O/U – Over
- The majority (64.3 percent) of Pittsburgh’s wins have come by two or more goals, and the team is 9-6 overall in such games. 7 of St. Louis’ wins (43.8 percent) have been decided by two or more goals.
- Penalties and power plays may play a critical role tonight. The Penguins are 7-7 in games where they serve fewer penalty minutes than their opponent and 10-10 when they’re in the box for fewer than 10 total penalty minutes. The Blues are 9-2 when the team serves fewer penalty minutes than the opposition and 12-7 in games where their penalty minutes are in the single digits.
- The under has hit in three of St. Louis’ last five games.
- Pittsburgh skaters have averaged 11.6 giveaways over its last five home games, a rise over its season average of 9.7 giveaways per game (the 12th-fewest in the NHL).
- St. Louis skaters have averaged 9.8 giveaways over its last five home games, its season average of 9.1 giveaways per game (the 10th-fewest in the league).
- Pittsburgh skaters have accounted for the third-most hits in the league (29.1 per game), but the team’s recorded just 25.8 hits over their last five away games.