Pittsburgh Penguins vs. New York Rangers Matchup Preview 11/12/19

Posts AdminArticles, Hockey, NHL

Sidney Crosby, Jake Guentzel, and the Pittsburgh Penguins are set to face off against Artemi Panarin, Ryan Strome, and the New York Rangers at Madison Square Garden in a divisional showdown. The match gets going at 7:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 12, and fans at home are able to watch it live on NBC Sports Network.

Pittsburgh Penguins at New York Rangers Odds

Oddsmakers have not yet posted moneyline or Over/Under odds for this matchup.

Pittsburgh is 10-7 straight up (SU) and has netted 0.5 units for moneyline bettors this season. Nine of its games have gone under the total, while seven have gone over and just one has pushed. The Pens are 4-3 SU as the road team in 2019-20.

Pittsburgh has converted on just 12.5 percent of its power play chances this year, a mark that’s ranked 28th in the NHL. Having said that, it has the fourth-best penalty kill in the league, and it has successfully killed off 87.5 percent of all penalties..

With a .916 save percentage and 24.8 saves per game, Matt Murray (9-5-1) has been the best option in goal for Pittsburgh this year. If head coach Mike Sullivan decides to rest him, however, Pittsburgh might turn to Tristan Jarry (1-3), who has a .929 save percentage and 2.26 goals against average this year.

On the other side of the rink, New York is 7-8 straight up (SU) and has earned 0.9 units for moneyline bettors this year. Eight of its matches have gone under the total, while seven have gone over and none have pushed. Thus far, the team is 4-6 SU as the home team.

The Rangers have converted on 24.1 percent of their power play opportunities this year, a figure that places it in the top-10 among NHL teams. On the other hand, its penalty kill is ranked 18th overall, and it’s successfully killed off 80.4 percent of all penalties.

Henrik Lundqvist has denied 33.7 shots per game as the primary selection in goal for the Rangers. Lundqvist has four wins, five losses, and one OT loss to his name and has maintained a pedestrian 3.23 goals against average and a .915 save percentage this season.

Pittsburgh Penguins at New York Rangers Betting Predictions

Prediction: SU Winner – Penguins, O/U – Over

Betting Trends

  • The under has hit in three of New York’s last five games.
  • The Penguins have averaged the league’s fifth-most shots on goal (34.5) while New York has attempted the 23rd-most (only 29.6).
  • Over New York’s last ten outings, six of them have been decided by two or more goals (the team is 4-2 in those games).
  • Pittsburgh skaters have accounted for the league’s third-most hits per game (28.5), but the team’s averaged just 20.6 hits over their last five away games.