The Pittsburgh Panthers (15-14, 6-12 ACC) and the North Carolina State Wolfpack (17-11, 8-9 ACC) clash at PNC Arena. The Panthers look to snap their five-game losing streak. The game starts at 12 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 29, 2020, and will air on ACC Network.
Pittsburgh Panthers vs. North Carolina State Wolfpack Betting Odds
Both teams lost in their last contest. The Wolfpack lost to the North Carolina Tar Heels, 85-79, while the Panthers got blown out by the Syracuse Orange, 72-49.
Pittsburgh did a great job of making free throws (11-14; 78.6 percent) while North Carolina State had a better effective field goal percentage (0.548 vs. 0.516). North Carolina State received a boost from Markell Johnson, who contributed 21 points, 10 assists and five rebounds. Meanwhile, Justin Champagnie played well for Pittsburgh, finishing with 13 points and 17 rebounds.
The Wolfpack dominated this series last year, taking both games. In the last game, North Carolina State won 79-76. North Carolina State had a much better turnover percentage (12.0 vs. 19.1). Pittsburgh, meanwhile, did an excellent job of making free throws (16-19; 84.2 percent). This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
Ball protection could play a significant role in this showdown. North Carolina State commits the 50th-fewest miscues in the nation (turnover percentage of 17.0 percent), while the gambling defense of Pittsburgh forces the 21st-most (opponents’ turnover percentage of 23.5 percent). Also, the Panthers rank 47th in offensive rebounding percentage (32.6 percent), while the Wolfpack rank 284th in defensive rebounding percentage (69.7 percent).
Pittsburgh Panthers at North Carolina State Wolfpack Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – North Carolina State, ATS Winner – North Carolina State, O/U – Over
- North Carolina State ranks 42nd in assists allowed per game (10.8) while Pittsburgh ranks 206th (13.8).
- The Panthers rank 22nd in steals allowed per game (5.1) while the Wolfpack rank 128th (6.5).
- North Carolina State averages 36.1 rebounds per game, which ranks 126th in the country. Pittsburgh ranks 199th in rebounds allowed per game (36.2).
- The Wolfpack average 4.5 blocks per game, which ranks 32nd in the country. The Panthers rank 163rd in blocks allowed per game (4.0).
- North Carolina State ranks 145th in three pointers attempted per game (22.0) while Pittsburgh ranks 260th (18.3).
- During their last five games, the Panthers have scored an average of 56.2 points per game (8.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 70.4 points per game (5.8 above their season average).
- The Wolfpack’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.4, down from 4.9 for the season.